Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex adjustable front trackbar-Changed?

Old 08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex adjustable front trackbar-Changed?

I ordered an adjustable front trackbar for my JK from Northridge 4x4, and it arrived today. It's completely different from what is shown on their website, and according to David it's their new version. I'm not doubting David (and he's been very helpful by the way), but I was all prepared to install the other one and now this new model has thrown me off. Here's a picture:

Has anybody else received this one or installed one of these yet? Anything to watch for? No zerk fittings on the end? Any ideas on what torque settings to use for the bolts on this thing?

I'm told by Teraflex that they're now using factory style rubber bushings on the ends, so no grease is necessary. I'm a newcomer to Jeeps and especially to doing my own work, so I'm just making sure I've covered my bases before proceeding with this one.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep thats the new design!

No grease needed.

Install it with all 4 wheels on the ground. Dont jack it up!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is what is on my Jeep, but I don't know enuff, I paid to have the kit put on
Old 08-06-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

I literally just talked to a TeraFlex customer service guy about the adjustable trackbar and he said that was the new heavy duty one to replace the other one because the original one had too much flex in it and it caused problems, so they had to make it stronger.

He offered it to me for only twenty dollars and I'll ship back the other one that I bought from them earlier this year.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, thats their new forged one. I like the fact that you can adjust it without having to take it off. Are those rubber bushings in the ends?

Quick Reply: Teraflex adjustable front trackbar-Changed?