Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Adjustable Control Arm Question?

Old 07-06-2013, 11:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Adjustable Control Arm Question?

I have a 2011 JKU with a Teraflex 3" lift professionally installed by ORW in San Diego. At the time I had it installed I had only the front lower control arms and rear upper control arms installed in order to save a little money. I am now ready to purchase and install the front upper and rear lower control arms. Teraflex control arms are obviously adjustable. It looks like a pretty simple install for me to do. My question is...Do I set the control arms length adjustment of the Teraflex to the same length as the stock that I will be removing (assuming my suspension geometry was set correctly during the initial install)? Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Lowers are going to center the axles in the well and square them to the frame. Uppers to set pinion angles. With that much lift I'm assuming you they favored pinion over caster in the front. Or even right at stock. You are going to have to re-adjust all arms.
The manufacture should have settings in their instructions.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

^^^^^^ He is right on having to readjust them all. You do want to push out your axles a little bit both ways now.

It's not really that big of deal if you are off. You can always fine tune some more yourself.
Or at the worst take it in for a alinement.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn about doing some minor adjustments on your alinement.
Just remember to keep even numbers for now.....5 turns on the left side....5 turns on the right.
It's all fixable at the worst.
You can do it! at the Home Depot!
Opp's......that's another web page I was responding on

Last edited by RKracing; 07-07-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Adjustable Control Arm Question?