Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 6" lift questions.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 6" lift questions.

Looking into going higher. I'm currently running 4" teraflex LCG kit with 37s on my 2011 jkuR and I'm wanting to go bigger. If I run a 6" lift will I have to move my spring seats on my axles to adjust my drive angle? Anyone with good input on this would be great. Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 06:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucas
Looking into going higher. I'm currently running 4" teraflex LCG kit with 37s on my 2011 jkuR and I'm wanting to go bigger. If I run a 6" lift will I have to move my spring seats on my axles to adjust my drive angle? Anyone with good input on this would be great. Thanks
with 4" TF coils, you're already running close to 5" of lift and you really want to go 6"? with TF coils, that'll probably be more like 7" and your COG will be way off. even if you're trying to run 40's, that's more lift that i would go unless you don't do much rock crawling. to answer your question, being that you have a 4-door, you should be fine with your factory spring perches. up front, there's nothing you can do anyway and in the rear, you will see some bowing of your rear coils after setting your pinion angle but, not enough to really matter. still, you can address this with a set of JKS adjustable spring perches.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

X100 , you can throw lcg out the window with that much lift. I can't think of any good reasons to jack your rig up that high unless you plan on driving over station wagons at the county fair.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the information.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 6" lift questions.