Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 6 inch short arm lift

Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 6 inch short arm lift

Right now I have a 3" lift with 35's on my unlimited Rubicon that I'm unhappy with. I'm planning on either upgrading to a 4" lift with 37's or a 6" with 40's.

Either way I'll have to get new driveshafts. I rarely get off road, maybe twice a year. This is a 99% street car (mall crawler), so I'm not planning on upgrading the axles. I'm already gusseted, which should be good enough for what I do...I hope.

So the actual question... Can I get all the lift components of the teraflex 4" SA lift, but with 6" springs? I already have front lower and rear upper flex arms, and the front and rear trackbars. I really just need more height from the springs, shocks, and bumpstops. I know I could do some trimming and stuff 40's into a 4" lift, but I'm really not willing to do all that work if it's not for a LA lift.

Thoughts? Hopefully I'm making some kind of sense. TIA
Old 06-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex doesn't offer a 6" short arm kit because of how poor the JK will handle/ride. We do have a 4" SA kit and I know there are a few customers out there that made a 6" TeraFlex SA kit, but I would not recommend it.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
TeraFlex doesn't offer a 6" short arm kit because of how poor the JK will handle/ride. We do have a 4" SA kit and I know there are a few customers out there that made a 6" TeraFlex SA kit, but I would not recommend it.
Thanks for responding. How does the arm length affect the handling characteristics on-road?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reverend
Thanks for responding. How does the arm length affect the handling characteristics on-road?
Anyone????
Old 06-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend
You want the control arms to be parallel to the road/frame. This will help the ride quality and handling. The more the axle end is pointed down to the ground, the harsher/poorer the ride is.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 6 inch short arm lift