Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex 6 inch long arm!!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curently running 18 inch rockstars with 4.5 inch backspace on 37x13.50x18 inch nitto mudd grapplers. I just put inch and a half wheel spacers on to see if that helps. Going to try and adjust the rear control arms this weekend because I am getting into the back bumper a little and that would make perfect sense. I can not thank all of you enough for all the help please keep in touch and I will keep you updated. Thanks again.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Are you hitting when you're fully stuffed? Teraflex chit is awesome but it doesn't make you bigfoot. You'll have to do some trimming to make it work right. How do I know you ask .......

Where did you buy an 8.5" lift?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you hitting the brake line brackets on both sides? If its only hitting on one side then I'd say your axle is shifted which would also explain why your track bar mount is hitting your shock.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. Good info guys. What was done on your rigs to get some caster back with 6"+ lifts?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Cool. Good info guys. What was done on your rigs to get some caster back with 6"+ lifts?
6" is tough. Assuming the person has a aftermarket DS.
They can achieve any caster # they want with the arms but running to high is dangerous for the DS.
Its a balance between caster/pinion unless they're running a aftermarket housing like TF's or DT.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
New axle with caster correction.

For the op
You need a wheel bs of 3.5" for 37x12.5 tires on a lcog lift. You may also need to address the bump stops and add limiting straps for proper set up of the suspension.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DC69
Has anyone had any trouble with this kit I just did the install over the weekend and I am running 37" nitto's when I flex out in the rear my tires are hitting my back bumper and also eating in to my brake line bracket that mounts to the frame, any info will help. Thanks
Are you sure its the tires hitting the brake line bracket and not the sway bar? I have had this lift for a few years now. You do have to trim the upper bolts on the rear sway bar to clear the brake lines. If your tires are hitting the brake line bracket then you need to make sure the rear axle is centered and possibly add a set of spacers. I run 38's and have never had an issue with bumper clearance either on the stock or aftermarket bumper. Check your control arm lengths against the specs in the back of the instructions. Once you get it dialed in, you will be extremely happy with the Teraflex goods.

Quick Reply: teraflex 6 inch long arm!!