Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex 6 inch long arm!!

Old 03-20-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry teraflex 6 inch long arm!!

Has anyone had any trouble with this kit I just did the install over the weekend and I am running 37" nitto's when I flex out in the rear my tires are hitting my back bumper and also eating in to my brake line bracket that mounts to the frame, any info will help. Thanks
Old 03-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Former Member

Check their website and the instructions, maybe there is a requirement for backspacing and maybe some trimming that you did not do? Bumpstops not installed properly? Post some pics for us, that usually helps the diagnosis.

Welcome!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

sounds like the brake thing is due to your wheels not having enough back spacing.

As for the getting into your rear bumper, if you have the stock bumper i don't doubt it...I have the 4" Tereflex LCG lift and I am not hitting anything (except the rear stock bumper) and i am running 37" tires so you have 2" inches of clearance..

I would be VERY interested in how much backspacing you have...
Old 03-20-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are you hitting when you're fully stuffed? Teraflex chit is awesome but it doesn't make you bigfoot. You'll have to do some trimming to make it work right. How do I know you ask .......

Old 03-21-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for responding I am working on pictures and my wheels have a 4.5 inch backspacing.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Are you hitting when you're fully stuffed? Teraflex chit is awesome but it doesn't make you bigfoot. You'll have to do some trimming to make it work right. How do I know you ask .......

hey lookin at your rig and your signature, i really think you should invest in some axle c gussets with thos big ol tires. unless of course your hoping to bend a c for a good reason to get a prorock up front rig looks sweet thou
hijack over
Old 03-21-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssunde1
hey lookin at your rig and your signature, i really think you should invest in some axle c gussets with thos big ol tires. unless of course your hoping to bend a c for a good reason to get a prorock up front rig looks sweet thou
hijack over
Beat you to it....I have the TeraFlex C-gussets already!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DC69
Has anyone had any trouble with this kit I just did the install over the weekend and I am running 37" nitto's when I flex out in the rear my tires are hitting my back bumper and also eating in to my brake line bracket that mounts to the frame, any info will help. Thanks
Rear tires hitting back bumper - possibly links are too long, make them shorter.

Brake line bracket - ya not enough back spacing. I run 37x12.5x17 MTR's on 4.5 inch backspaced wheels (I cant remember how wide the wheels are they are kmc addicts) and I think I am about 1 inch maybe 1.5 inches away from the brackets.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Took the jeep out today def need to do something, trying wheel spacers first then I will go from their. Trying to figure out the picture thing so I can post some, also the rear track bar bracket at some point of the trail ride got into my shock and put a little dent in the shock not a great design but over all extremely happy with the lift.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DC69
Took the jeep out today def need to do something, trying wheel spacers first then I will go from their. Trying to figure out the picture thing so I can post some, also the rear track bar bracket at some point of the trail ride got into my shock and put a little dent in the shock not a great design but over all extremely happy with the lift.
Rear track bar bracket should NOT hit your shock.
You need more adjustment. It is the first time I have heard of this happening. It is not the design in my opinion.

For instance my front sway bar links hit my coils at full flex. I know I need to move my front axle towards the back of my jeep a bit. About 1 inch. But I dont want to do this as I already had it professionally aligned (dont want to pay the $$$ so im going to leave it alone).

The links need to be the correct length to work for both axles. In my case I need to adjsut my front axle. In your case you need to adjust your back axle. This is an easy task and id rather have to adjust my back axle than my front axle as the front is complicated with all the steering and caster involved.

Hope this helps. We will get it fixed for you. Dont give up! It is a very very very very good lift kit, just get all the quirks fixed.

Can you tell us what tires, wheels, offset, etc you are running. We can better help you with this info.

Quick Reply: teraflex 6 inch long arm!!