Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 4" Suspension System Question

Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still use it on mine, still functions great, get full articulation, etc, etc.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still use the electronic disconnect with my lift as well. It works fine.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedRockJK
I still use the electronic disconnect with my lift as well. It works fine.
I use mine sometimes, but if I plan on doing serious stuff I manually disconnect. I've heard that some people are bending their sway bar links somehow. I have a hard time seeing how this could happen by studdying the axle, but somehow it does.

If I have my swaybars disconnected and stored to the upper post, I make contact with the post and pin when the wheel is stuffed and turned in. I'm running 37's though and factory wheels with 1.5" weel spacers. I'm hoping new wheels with less backspacing will fix this. If not I will have to look at relocating the storage post.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple of pictures showing the storage post design and location. In the second picture you can see the top side of the AEV skid. My wheels also contact this when stuffed and turned full in. I don't have any rubs under normal conditions. My rear wheels rub my bumper when stuffed completely. When I replace my rear bumper that one will go away or I will adjust accordingly.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 4" Suspension System Question