Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 4" Suspension System Question

Old 09-07-2007, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 4" Suspension System Question

I recently had the 4" Suspension system, from Teraflex, installed. I fully articulated my jeep on the right side today and the tire/wheel or something bent the upper nipple that the sway bar disconnect is attached to. What suggestions do any of you have? I am running MT Classic II, 17" 37X12.5R17.
Would relocating the nipple higher up, in the wheel well maybe, be a good solution?

Thanks,
JKevbo
Old 09-08-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

pictures of the nipple? no, seriously...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you talking about the zerk fitting on the sway bar link or the storage post for that the link attaches to when disconnected?
Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Are you talking about the zerk fitting on the sway bar link or the storage post for that the link attaches to when disconnected?
I am referring to the storage post behind the bumper. The sway bar link was disconnected and attached to the upper storage post when this occurred.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

were both sides disconected? I dont want to be a smartass but if one side was left connected it would put force on one side to bend it. Just a thought.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JKevbo
I am referring to the storage post behind the bumper. The sway bar link was disconnected and attached to the upper storage post when this occurred.
Well, if it's just the passenger side that is hitting the post, I would be willing to bet that your axle wasn't completely centered after you installed your lift. Also, how much back spacing do you have on your wheels?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the same lift, same size tires, and even the same wheels and I've never had anything come close to hitting the storage post at full flex. I'm not even sure you can keep one end of the sway bar connected to the axle and put the other end on the storage post. Some pics would be a TON of help.

Trending Topics

Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

After reading everyone's comments I will try and get pictures.
Both sides were disconnected from the low post and connected on the upper storage post.
How would I know whether the axle was centered or not?
If I look at both wheels they appear to extend past the fender flares at the same distance.
The backspacing is 4.5

The sad part is that I have not even made it to any trails yet. I was screwing around on wall at the office. Real exciting, as you can imagine.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Doesn't your Rubicon have the electronic Sway Bar disconnect?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

My understanding is that the sway bar disconnect button is no longer used after you install the aftermarket lift. Maybe I am incorrect, but that is my understanding.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 4" Suspension System Question