Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3rd Row Seat

Old 08-30-2014, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDaPP
I have it. It will install rear facing. Install is not hard just time consuming. I did not use nutserts except for two spots, the rest I put a washer and nut on the underside beneath the jeep. The seat is good for kids or small people, I sit back the when the in laws come to town and I have to sit my legs cattycornered when the door gets closed. If I put it facing forward it would probably be better, but I want at least a little coverage from the roll bar for now ( I may extend the rollbar to solve that issue).

Make sure you think about seatbelts. I use a five point harness and connect it to the latch system and tie downs with heavy duty d rings in the jeep. It is okay but I would like to figure out something better

Only complaint I have is when folded down it is not like a 4 runner or minivan in that it is not a flat floor. So taking the seat in and out can be a pain, but I consider that to be the same issue as a 2 door. Also I knew that when I bought it, i.e. it is an aftermarket add on seat.
Which seatbelt harness did you go with? Can you post pics? Of the seatbelts and where they are connected?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry can't do pictures as I am out of pocket for the next couple of weeks. I said 5 point but it is actually the corbeau 2" retractable. Corbeau 2" Retractable Harnesses

I have the two bottom hooks attached to the latch system and the hook from the one that goes behind the head I have attached to an aftermarket D ring and bolt where the factory tie downs are. I couldn't find what the factory tie downs were rated to so I opted for something else. I am not happy with the attachment points of the LATCH system as I know they are meant for kids, but I just haven't been home enough to figure out a better option.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
JK Newbie

I added the TF 3rd row. Install wasn't bad maybe 4hrs total with my 10 & 12 year old wanting to watch/help.

Looking into adding the new Rock Hard 4x4 3rd row support cage.
Still trying to find the best seatbelt solution.

Mike K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2014, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smileyz
I added the TF 3rd row. Install wasn't bad maybe 4hrs total with my 10 & 12 year old wanting to watch/help.

Looking into adding the new Rock Hard 4x4 3rd row support cage.
Still trying to find the best seatbelt solution.

Mike K.

Do you have a link for that rollbar add on? That is exactly what I have been looking to create/buy.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Do you have a link for that rollbar add on? That is exactly what I have been looking to create/buy.
Here is the link http://www.rebeloffroad.com/mobile/P....aspx?id=70896 im ready to pull the trigger. I'm trying to find/get a picture showing the entire jeep first. The only pictures I can find are close ups.

Mike K.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Love the idea / product, but how is this not a huge liability risk for TF?

what's the crash rating of that seat? What's the whiplash rating, etc?

I down own a 4 door, and am not buying this seat, but in our over lawyer-ed society... I wouldn't want TF to go under...

Looks a lot like a TJ rear seat.

That is a stock 2-door jk seat same as the one in my 07 rubi' no ifs ands or butts about it!

Last edited by Rub_My_Icon; 09-03-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what is everyone doing for seatbelts using this teraflex kit with the 2dr JK seats? cant seem to find any good info or threads on best seat belt options. Is there anyway to utilize the factory seatbelts still, assuming answer is no?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Anyone have any great seat belt ideas for the 3rd row seat?

Originally Posted by mark9998
So what is everyone doing for seatbelts using this teraflex kit with the 2dr JK seats? cant seem to find any good info or threads on best seat belt options. Is there anyway to utilize the factory seatbelts still, assuming answer is no?
Looks like it’s been a few years since anyone added to this thread. I’m sure there have been some innovation, ideas and execution since then.

post some pics of what you are using for third row seat belts.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rear facing

I have it. It will install rear facing. Install is not hard just time consuming. I did not use nutserts except for two spots, the rest I put a washer and nut on the underside beneath the jeep. The seat is good for kids or small people, I sit back the when the in laws come to town and I have to sit my legs cattycornered when the door gets closed. If I put it facing forward it would probably be better, but I want at least a little coverage from the roll bar for now ( I may extend the rollbar to solve that issue).

Make sure you think about seatbelts. I use a five point harness and connect it to the latch system and tie downs with heavy duty d rings in the jeep. It is okay but I would like to figure out something better

Only complaint I have is when folded down it is not like a 4 runner or minivan in that it is not a flat floor. So taking the seat in and out can be a pain, but I consider that to be the same issue as a 2 door. Also I knew that when I bought it, i.e. it is an aftermarket add on seat.
once installed can you switch the seat from rear facing to front facing? Or does the install determine which way you face your seat?
Old 03-17-2021, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are three bolts/pins that go through the bracket that the seats clamps onto. You move them to front or rear configuration and put seat forward or rear facing. Holes are different sizes so you can't screw it up and it only takes 5 minutes to move the bolt/pins around.

actual bracket installation is same for both configurations.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3rd Row Seat