Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3rd Row Seat

Old 08-12-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 3rd Row Seat

Looking for anyone who has installed the Teraflex third row bracket with 2 door back seat. Any pics, opinions, write-ups, seat belt install, etc. Thanks
Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhdPapHyxQ
Old 08-12-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I saw the video. Just looking for anyone who has it. Complaints or compliments about it.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Default hmm

Love the idea / product, but how is this not a huge liability risk for TF?

what's the crash rating of that seat? What's the whiplash rating, etc?

I down own a 4 door, and am not buying this seat, but in our over lawyer-ed society... I wouldn't want TF to go under...

Looks a lot like a TJ rear seat.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Love the idea / product, but how is this not a huge liability risk for TF? what's the crash rating of that seat? What's the whiplash rating, etc? I down own a 4 door, and am not buying this seat, but in our over lawyer-ed society... I wouldn't want TF to go under... Looks a lot like a TJ rear seat.
whats their liability using a lift? Using someone else's junk in your rig?

Ever see most minivans with a 3rd row? Tahoe/expedition with a 3rd row?
All are right next to the tailgate. I'd feel better with the third row in my lifted jeep. Most other vehicles bumpers, including large SUVs/trucks will have bumpers below the rear gate and rear seat.

There is risk with anything. Weigh your options, roll the dice, and live a little. Shtuff happens. If you buy the seat, have half a brain to think a few steps ahead and deal with the consequences.

Also, I'm 99% sure teraflex has a liability policy with min. $1mil (likely a bit higher). Their insurance company would settle pretty quick in the event serious injury results in lifetime care. Might be a bit more holdout if the person dies and is a non-wage earner. Teraflex would not go under. Insurance would pay what they could, they'd then get washed through bankruptcy, emerge and keep operating.

I've thought about this third row often!! If it were in the budget, it'd be done by now.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Just realized Teraflex replied. If you're still following this thread, any chance of you guys selling the brackets at OC Jeep Week??
Old 08-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Dypuz
Just realized Teraflex replied. If you're still following this thread, any chance of you guys selling the brackets at OC Jeep Week??
Sorry we will not be there.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Can this install rear facing?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Love the idea / product, but how is this not a huge liability risk for TF?

what's the crash rating of that seat? What's the whiplash rating, etc?

I down own a 4 door, and am not buying this seat, but in our over lawyer-ed society... I wouldn't want TF to go under...

Looks a lot like a TJ rear seat.
I would be more worried about the jeep you are in. Paper thin doors, a cloth top and the highest flip over rate out of all vehicles.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have it. It will install rear facing. Install is not hard just time consuming. I did not use nutserts except for two spots, the rest I put a washer and nut on the underside beneath the jeep. The seat is good for kids or small people, I sit back the when the in laws come to town and I have to sit my legs cattycornered when the door gets closed. If I put it facing forward it would probably be better, but I want at least a little coverage from the roll bar for now ( I may extend the rollbar to solve that issue).

Make sure you think about seatbelts. I use a five point harness and connect it to the latch system and tie downs with heavy duty d rings in the jeep. It is okay but I would like to figure out something better

Only complaint I have is when folded down it is not like a 4 runner or minivan in that it is not a flat floor. So taking the seat in and out can be a pain, but I consider that to be the same issue as a 2 door. Also I knew that when I bought it, i.e. it is an aftermarket add on seat.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3rd Row Seat