Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex 3in lift

Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex 3in lift

Does anyone have the teraflex 3in lift? Im thinking about getting it. What do you all think? Will i need anything else or does the kit cover it? I have an 08 2 door. Will my drive shafts be alright? Any input would be great. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 3" Teraflex kit is a basic kit gives you everything needed to run 35's, but you may want to add adjustable front upper or lower control arms for castor adjustment, or an adjustable front track bar to center the front axle. It depends on your budget how "complete" any kit is. You may be OK with your factory driveshafts, but if you have an automatic, you should consider replacing the front for sure.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

as renegade said, i have teraflex 4" kit. you will like the kit but you need adj arms and a track bars for reasons he has mentioned, these are not coming with the 3" kit
Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 08 2dr and the Teraflex 3" lift. My 08 is also an automatic. The kit is great. I have had no problems. I am going to add a 3/4" spacer to the front springs because I have added a bumper and need the additional lift. I will also add an adjustable track bar when I add the spacer. But, as it is now everything is great. I did have a good shop do the lift so I could make sure the alignment was correct.

Good Luck
Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drt4fun
I have an 08 2dr and the Teraflex 3" lift. My 08 is also an automatic. The kit is great. I have had no problems. I am going to add a 3/4" spacer to the front springs because I have added a bumper and need the additional lift. I will also add an adjustable track bar when I add the spacer. But, as it is now everything is great. I did have a good shop do the lift so I could make sure the alignment was correct.

Good Luck
You couldnt post a pic could you. Im really thinking about this kit. Im just worried about driveshaft issues. Any vibes at all? I dont mind buying new stuff. I just dont want to get it on and not be able to drive it because i have to buy more stuff. Id rather have everything ready from the start. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:46 AM
JK Junkie

Here is a pic of mine with the Teraflex 3" kit (no upgrades at that time), with 315/70-17 tires and Spidertrax spacers:
Old 02-23-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

here's my JK with a 3" Teraflex kit. I added an adj. front trackbar.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can you add the adj arms and track bars later if you wanted?? also, how big of a pain would that be and where can you buy them from if you were to do this??
Old 02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

heres my 3" Teraflex kit as well. i have well over 4000 miles on it and it drives just fine. i have the stock track bars as well.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jonnyringo893
can you add the adj arms and track bars later if you wanted?? also, how big of a pain would that be and where can you buy them from if you were to do this??
Yes, that's what many people do. It shouldn't be a pain in the ass at all. Most of the good 4x4 supply shops will be able to get them for you if they don't stock what you want, but check with Northridge. They probably have them available.

Quick Reply: teraflex 3in lift