Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3" Suspension Lift

Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 3" Suspension Lift

Ok so after reading numerous posts in here etc.. I have decided on the Teraflex 3" suspension lift for around $700.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this product? Someone in another thread he was holding out for the 2.5 " suspension lift that the Teraflex guy said was coming out in June.

AZEnder
Old 05-27-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I am the guy waiting for the 2.5" lift. (or at least... one of the guys )

I really considered the 3" lift, but I read too many things about getting 4" out of a 3" lift and I am trying to walk the line with my dealership. They are generally pretty cool with lifts and even have some new jeeps with Skyjacker BB kits on the lot. However, whenever I talk with the service manager he points out the problems they have seen with vibrations in taller kits and highly advises against them. Also, I drive 60 miles to work round trip, so I have to be at least a little conscious of mileage and tire size. I've decided 33 or 34" is as big as I care to go right now...

Not that I'm totally hanging my hat on the warranty, but I figure if I stay in the size range of what they are installing on the lot, it really should make lift easier for me. Matter of fact, if they were willing to install anything but skyjacker, I probably would have got it included in the deal to take out any questions...

Now I just have to hang on until the 2.5" all spring Teraflex comes out... I almost got impatient and pulled the trigger on the 3" kit a few times, though, and I may yet. I actually came close to getting a black diamond 3" kit this weekend as well, but in the end I have heard too many good things about Teraflex and their support of the forum is good incentive. Ultimately, saving $50over the course of the next 5 years is inconsequential...

Damn... I think I just about talked myself into the 3" kit again...
Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

I have had mine for 1.5 years and have no problems at all. My wheelin' buddy got the BDS 4" and has had to replace the front drive shaft. He also had to have the front streering stablizer bracket welded back on the axle and the rear track bar bracket welded on the axle due to the aftermarket brackets from the kit. Teraflex put their rear track bar bracket on the top part of the bar instead of the bottom (axle). GO for it! I truely think you will like it.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Teraflex 3" Fitted For Two Months

Hi There, I Have Fitted A Teraflex 3" Lift To An English Spec Diesel Auto Unlimited. Im Pleased With The Results Now I Have Ironed Out A Few Problems. First Thing Is This Lift Aint 3", Its Nearer 4.5" But It Does Level The Jk. Rear Axle Must Be Centred With Track Bar Relocation Bracket Or An Adjustable Bar Or Else You Can End Up With Tyres Hitting Bodywork And Rear Swaybar Links , Or The Link Can Get Stuck Under The Vehicle Frame At One Side (not Good And Yes They Were Fitted On The Inside). The Front Axle Must Also Be Re-centred With An Adjustable Track Bar Because Lifting It So Much Moves It 1.5" To One Side, The Tyre Rubs On The Frame At One Side When Turning And Your Jeep Drives Like A Crab And The Esp Light Goes Mad Cutting The Engine And Applying Brakes (scared The Crap Out Of Me!). Another Consequence Of Not Centring The Front Is On Full Suspension Compression The Front Propshaft Touches The Transmission If The Axle Isnt Centred. Also You Must Cut Quite A Large Piece Out Of The Transmission Crossmember So The Front Propshaft Doesnt Touch It When The Axle Droops! You Must Also Use Wheel Spacers If You Have Stock Wheels Or Use Wheels With Less Backspacing To Prevent Contact With Body/mechanicals. I Hope This Helps, Good Luck
Old 05-29-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2.5 works fine

I have not had any issues so far with my 2.5 b.b. I really enjoyed the performance of it. I do have to say that I paid the extra $100 bones for the coils in the front and spacers in the back. I had to cuz of the heavy bumper and winch i'm runn'n.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by colorubi
I have not had any issues so far with my 2.5 b.b. I really enjoyed the performance of it. I do have to say that I paid the extra $100 bones for the coils in the front and spacers in the back. I had to cuz of the heavy bumper and winch i'm runn'n.

I want your half doors!!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AZEnder
Ok so after reading numerous posts in here etc.. I have decided on the Teraflex 3" suspension lift for around $700.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this product? Someone in another thread he was holding out for the 2.5 " suspension lift that the Teraflex guy said was coming out in June.

AZEnder

I have had the teraflex 3" kit on for over 15k miles without a single problem. i love it. it rides great and without any axle of drivelien problems...i say go for it. you will not be displeased.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

hmmmmmm
w/35s, Shrockworks midwidth bumper, powerplant winch, Pure Jeep rear bumper tire carrier, rockers.....3" or 2.5"? would the 2.5 bb w/shock extensions be enough? or would it be worth the extra money for the 3" w/gas shocks?

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 06-04-2008 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Removed BLACKLISTED mfg. reference.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3" Suspension Lift