Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex 3" lift /wheel spacer?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex 3" lift /wheel spacer?

hey everyone. quick question for the experts here. i am going to be installing the 3" teraflex lift in the next month, but will still be running the stock wheels and tires until i get gears installed. will i need to run wheel spacers to have no swaybar link rubbing issues? i know they have to be installed on the inside of the bar itself, but i thought i read some were still having issues. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're running the stock wheels and tires I don't see why there would be an issue .

Maybe those having issues had larger tires???
Old 01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Your question is now:

Does the lift itself make the sway bar links closer to the tires?

Maybe if the axle shift to the side isn't corrected, but, other than that, I'm not seeing how the lift moves the sway bar link to a more outboard position?

Does the lift add/replace the sway bar link, maybe with something thicker, etc?

I haven't messed with it myself, so I'm just conjecturing here.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bk030
hey everyone. quick question for the experts here. i am going to be installing the 3" teraflex lift in the next month, but will still be running the stock wheels and tires until i get gears installed. will i need to run wheel spacers to have no swaybar link rubbing issues? i know they have to be installed on the inside of the bar itself, but i thought i read some were still having issues. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
I have this lift and learned the hard way. The instructions, oh, i didn't get any... Well, the links do go on the inside in the rear. Routing of the brake lines seem a little odd until it is done. Follow the instructions or call TeraFlex...that is what I did. With stock TIRES and wheels, you will be fine. It took me a week to get it straight, you should be fine...
Old 01-09-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Junkie

I can't speak for everyone, but I did have problems with rubbing lifting my '08 with stock rims and tires. I had to using Spidertrax spacers to get things to work out with my 2.5" lift.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
I can't speak for everyone, but I did have problems with rubbing lifting my '08 with stock rims and tires. I had to using Spidertrax spacers to get things to work out with my 2.5" lift.
OK - perfect...you didn't rub stock, you lifted it, and your stock rims/tires rubbed....

What moved or changed so that it now rubbed?
Old 01-10-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

do you think it had anything to do with your axle shifting? if that is the case the 3" kit comes with a bracket for the rear which should take care of the shifting. as for the front i am ordering an adjustable track bar. Thanks for the replies and helpful info everyone.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TEEJ
OK - perfect...you didn't rub stock, you lifted it, and your stock rims/tires rubbed....

What moved or changed so that it now rubbed?
It was only my rear driver's side tire that was rubbing the sway bar link. I even used the sway bar links included in the kit, and moved the stock rear ones to the front as the instructions stated.

I think its worth pointing out that the box the lift came in included a sticker warning that wheel spacers would be needed for '08s if you are planning on using stock rims.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same here as far as rubbing. I have the 2.5" BB and the stock tire rubbed on the drivers side.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bk030
do you think it had anything to do with your axle shifting? if that is the case the 3" kit comes with a bracket for the rear which should take care of the shifting. as for the front i am ordering an adjustable track bar. Thanks for the replies and helpful info everyone.
I am not sure I know what you mean by "axle shift". And what is the bracket your kit includes that would take care of this?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to better understand your question.

Quick Reply: teraflex 3" lift /wheel spacer?