Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3" lift tips?

Old 03-06-2015, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost forgot, make sure you get the exhaust tube extension kit or you will have clearance issues.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenb1023
TF also has some great videos of installing the lift. It helped me a bunch. An extra hand is always a good thing. Don't have to keep crawling out from under neath for a fresh Go over your parts list three times. Have a table set up and lay out each part in the order the install calls for. If anything is leftover at the end go back and make sure you didn't skip a step. Most kits don't come with locktite so make sure you have a tube. Silicon grease helps with rubber parts especially the front bump stops.
Thanks - I did remember to get the exhaust spacers (though just barely). I'll take another look for the TF videos - I've seen a billion of them, but didn't see any for this kit specifically (didn't really do much looking, honestly).
Old 03-06-2015, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is teraflex.biz TeraFlex Install: JK 2.5" Spring Lift Kit may work. Not much different unless you got the upper and lower CAs as well.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenb1023
I think it is teraflex.biz TeraFlex Install: JK 2.5" Spring Lift Kit may work. Not much different unless you got the upper and lower CAs as well.
I got lower fronts and upper rears (to correct camber and pinion angle).
Old 03-06-2015, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Like was said above, you don't need a video or how-to for that specific lift. All of the bolt-ons use the same basic steps, regardless of what companies name is on the box.

Also up in the writeups area is a link to a Basic DIY Alignment. This one may be useful for the control arms. (click the Index at the top and 'scroll down' to either the suspension or troubleshooting section, it is in both I think)

Last edited by nthinuf; 03-06-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

double post...

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3" lift tips?