Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3" lift tips?

Old 03-05-2015, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Teraflex 3" lift tips?

Hey guys - I'm getting ready to install a Teraflex 3" lift with 4 flex arms (front lowers and rear uppers) and a Teraflex HD front track bar on my 2014 JKU Sport. Anyone have experience with this lift that can offer any tips or suggestions to make the install easier?

Any general feedback on this setup?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2015, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy more beer than anticipated because its very difficult to drive to the store when the you've got the wheels off and suspension disassembled

That, and grab atleast 1 pair of 6 ton jack stands if you don't already have a set. 2 tons wont cut it.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Up in the write-ups area, there is an index at the top. Click it and scroll down to the suspension section and read through a few. Doesn't matter a bit which mfg it applies to, they will all use the same basic steps.

Read the instructions a few times, and have the tools on hand. Sucks when you don't and have to run to the store 5 or 10 times to pick things up. Loosen all the ca/trackbar bolts, not just the ones you are replacing. There are generally a LOT of people on here to help with questions when you get stuck or something doesn't look quite like a pic in the instructions or writeups.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine with 2.5 tons stands. That's 10,000lbs the pair can hold up. I think that's more than adequate. A pair of 6 ton jack stands would hold up 24,000lbs. Are you working on a semi cab? Or a jeep?
Old 03-06-2015, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
I did mine with 2.5 tons stands. That's 10,000lbs the pair can hold up. I think that's more than adequate. A pair of 6 ton jack stands would hold up 24,000lbs. Are you working on a semi cab? Or a jeep?
Not an issue of weight, but height.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
Agreed. Get the 6 ton. They have the height you need.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Skip the jack stands and use a tractor with a box blade attached. Lift the rear by the receiver hitch and front by the crash bar as long as you have the wind deflector removed.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
Originally Posted by Wordzero
Agreed. Get the 6 ton. They have the height you need.
For me, it's not so much the additional max height of the 6-tons over the 3-tons, but I would much rather have a taller 6-ton sitting at 3/4 of it's max height than a 3-ton sitting all the way up at max. I have used 3-ton stands quite a bit, just feel safer with the beefier 6-tons.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys - I've already got a couple pairs of 6-ton jack stands, floor jacks, and all the tools to do the job. I was more wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular lift kit (since every one is a little different).
Old 03-06-2015, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

TF also has some great videos of installing the lift. It helped me a bunch. An extra hand is always a good thing. Don't have to keep crawling out from under neath for a fresh Go over your parts list three times. Have a table set up and lay out each part in the order the install calls for. If anything is leftover at the end go back and make sure you didn't skip a step. Most kits don't come with locktite so make sure you have a tube. Silicon grease helps with rubber parts especially the front bump stops.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3" lift tips?