Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex 3' lift with 8 flex arms ?

Old 03-25-2015, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twofourflinching
I think you will love the kit. Here is my 3" TF.

Attachment 603159

Nice!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I bought a new RE adjustable front trackbar for a good price but the exhaust spacers that I ordered online didn't pan out because they were out of stock.

Got me thinking I might go with the Y pipe rought instead of the spacers.
Is there one better than another out there as far as fitment ect?

Really would like to go with a 1310 in the front but will I have any real issues using the stock front DS?

Last edited by MacRubi2; 04-03-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep that TeraFlex stuff greased. Installed the full 8 bars. Less than one year and all the bushings where worn out. Grease it every oil change especially if you live in snow country where they use salt on the roads.

I did the 3 inch kit, with bump stops and fox shocks. It was stiffer, but works very nice off road and soaks up bumps nice.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jakeo7
Keep that TeraFlex stuff greased. Installed the full 8 bars. Less than one year and all the bushings where worn out. Grease it every oil change especially if you live in snow country where they use salt on the roads.

I did the 3 inch kit, with bump stops and fox shocks. It was stiffer, but works very nice off road and soaks up bumps nice.

Thanks for the heads up

Is there a specific type of grease that is required or just regular chassis grease?

I went with the mono shock Bilstiens so im hoping it won;t ride too rough.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacRubi2
Thanks for the heads up Is there a specific type of grease that is required or just regular chassis grease? I went with the mono shock Bilstiens so im hoping it won;t ride too rough.
I use
Lucas Oil 10301 X-Tra Heavy Duty Grease- 14.5 oz.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Front drive shaft or exhaust spacer is for 25'' + extended length front shocks. Better do the front DS with a 1310 or 1350 instead of the exhaust spacer.

With 35'' and flat fenders you need only 1'' bumpstop front so shorter shocks in the front for 1.5-3'' lift will still have decent travel and you could skip the front drive shaft and save $$$.

The front track bar is not mandatory but I have an AEV 2.5'' lift and gave me 3'' lift and my front axle is off centred by 1/2'' inch so I'm planning to replace my front track bar as I feel the stability and waving will be corrected when hard bracking or on heavy acceleration.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WARLOCK
Front drive shaft or exhaust spacer is for 25'' + extended length front shocks. Better do the front DS with a 1310 or 1350 instead of the exhaust spacer.

With 35'' and flat fenders you need only 1'' bumpstop front so shorter shocks in the front for 1.5-3'' lift will still have decent travel and you could skip the front drive shaft and save $$$.

The front track bar is not mandatory but I have an AEV 2.5'' lift and gave me 3'' lift and my front axle is off centred by 1/2'' inch so I'm planning to replace my front track bar as I feel the stability and waving will be corrected when hard bracking or on heavy acceleration.

Bilstien 5100 Collapsed Length (IN): 15.39
Extended Length (IN): 26.38
Travel Length (IN): 10.99

So I decided to go the exhaust spacer rought and keeping the stock front DS untill I can budget for a new DS and exhaust system.

The TeraFlex lift has the longer bumpstops so do you think I will be ok running the stock DS?

Talking to the shop that I bought the lift through say's I will be fine

Last edited by MacRubi2; 04-07-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacRubi2
Bilstien 5100 Collapsed Length (IN): 15.39
Extended Length (IN): 26.38
Travel Length (IN): 10.99

So I decided to go the exhaust spacer rought and keeping the stock front DS untill I can budget for a new DS and exhaust system.

The TeraFlex lift has the longer bumpstops so do you think I will be ok running the stock DS?

Talking to the shop that I bought the lift through say's I will be fine

Those specs seems to be for the rear shocks

The problem with the front drive shaft is the rubber boots might hit the joint if there is too much droop. The stock drive shaft cannot take too much angle.

The use of the bilstein front shocks part number 24-146708 with extended length of 24.63'' will prevent this.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Warlock is correct, but imo why limit travel with a shorter shock when fully extended to save your driveshaft? You will also lose a lot of up travel with the tereflex bump stops. Buy the 1310 driveshaft and do it right the first time.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by twofourflinching
Warlock is correct, but imo why limit travel with a shorter shock when fully extended to save your driveshaft? You will also lose a lot of up travel with the tereflex bump stops. Buy the 1310 driveshaft and do it right the first time.
Not sure I agree re: the bumpstops, that's all going to be determined by the shock's up travel limit and tire clearance, but by all means do the front shaft at least.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 3' lift with 8 flex arms ?