Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3 inch - as is or flexarms and or trackbars

Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 3 inch - as is or flexarms and or trackbars

I am trying to decide if I should get the Teraflex 3" lift or just the 2.5" lift. Seems like the 2.5" is more hassle free and good to install as is but the 3" seems like depending on who you talk to is ok as is or needs adj flexarms and or adj trackbars. Does anyone have the 3" kit and what route did you take and what recommendations do you have? I appreciate the advice!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind that the 2.5" coil lift the front 3.1" and the 3" will do 4.25". Both kits would benefit with adj. arms so you can set the caster right. Also a front adj trackbar will help recenter that front axle correctly.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

It has been my experience that the 2.5 benefits allot from arms
As track bar as well. For me the deciding factor was shafts. 2.5 you can will likely not need new ds but with the 3 it's probably gonna be an isse
Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 3"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg
Views:	1556
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	159775Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1065.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	159776We have the teraflex 3" lift with adj. control arms upper and lower. And both front and rear teraflex adj. trackbars. This lift is awesome our jeep rides better than stock and steers like a bullet. We have had this lift on our jeep for about 6 months with no problems. I had to make the same choice . After contacting teraflex direct and also talking to some alignment guys. I went 3" fully adjustable. It is more expensive now but you won't have any of the alignment issues other guys are having. We have no high speed wobbles or vibrations. I believe I will save money in the long run with proper tire ware. Tires are expensive.

Last edited by rock killer; 05-12-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Went the 3" route and just picked up the front lower control arms and front adj track bar. I think that its the minimum to really get your handling back and max your off road performance. All 8 arms would be nice, but mine handles just fine and flexes great.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 3'

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	159793Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0171.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	159794 flex'n
Old 05-12-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the input!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GREEN-MACHINE
to the OP, the 3 inch lift from teraflex is an awesome lift, if you have the tool's and the ability, you can do the install your self. i did mine in my driveway in about 6 hours. ( 5 cups of coffee and a pack of kools) and i got the alignment close enough to drive it to the shop for a 20 minute alignment, plus you can upgrade to long arm and speed bumps in the future,,,,, i say go for it.
Did you install any of the adj flexarms or trackbars? So it wasn't too bad to install? Is the 2.5" kit quite a bit easier!?!
Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't do a whole lot of offroadin, but I went with the 4" Teraflex lift with only 4 flexarms and decided to immediately buy the other 4 flexarms. Jeep rides great with 4 but even better with all 8 flexarms! I got the front heavy duty track bar and their rear bracket. System works great and i am very happy I went a little bigger than originally wanting the 2.5" lift... Once I add bumpers, winch, and accessories- lift will settle down and probably ride even better, can't wait!!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter
Went the 3" route and just picked up the front lower control arms and front adj track bar. I think that its the minimum to really get your handling back and max your off road performance. All 8 arms would be nice, but mine handles just fine and flexes great.
I have this exact setup sitting in my garage waiting for install as soon as I get back from the desert. I went with this configuration per the advice of both Joe at TF and Dave at Northridge. I figure I'll see how it performs and how everything lines up before springing for add'l arms (i.e. upper rear CA).

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3 inch - as is or flexarms and or trackbars