Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3": 4 Flexarm vs. 8 Flexarm Systems

Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
Depends on the angle of the drivelines, the good thing about having all eight is you can dial in and change the pinion angles and stretch the wheel base away from the pinch seam a bit more.
Good info right there. Do the 8 and never look back. Or have you considered a 3" Long Arm System for your JK?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Good info right there. Do the 8 and never look back. Or have you considered a 3" Long Arm System for your JK?
I guess the answer would be "more and more" lol.

Been outta town the last two days with a 6 hour each way business road trip, so plenty of time to ponder. I guess every time I get close to thinking about going the long arm route and start shopping them, the price tag quickly scares me off again.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Joe, or whoever for that matter, I have considered this question some more, and done quite a bit of reading on various posts, including the teraflex link to the explanation of the differences between SA and LA, and I guess I have a question back.

Why would I want to go with a 3" LA over a 3" SA? By this, I mean that everything I have read seems to indicate that with the long wheel base of a 4door JK, your really not going to see much ride improvement (or none at all) in an LA over an SA with 8 flex arms.

I am sure plenty of you have actual experiences vs. my research to speak to this. I am sure that in lifts at 4" or greater the differences really start to become apparent, I am just trying to understand if spending the extra money on a 3" LA over the SA is money well spent.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by planman
Click on the link in my signature about control arms for your answer--with pictures.

The link explains why.
Thats a great explanation man... Thanks for that...
Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Agreed, that is an excellent explanation. Thank you.

I am still curious about Joe's suggestion to go with the 3" Long Arm instead, and what improvements I would see in a 4 door JK over the 3" Short Arm (especially one with all 8 arms) to make it worth the extra money.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3": 4 Flexarm vs. 8 Flexarm Systems