Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 3": 4 Flexarm vs. 8 Flexarm Systems

Old 03-13-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 3": 4 Flexarm vs. 8 Flexarm Systems

I am trying to understand the pros of going with the 8 flexarm system over the 4 flexarm system. Will the ride/performance be noticeably or significantly improved with the 8 arm package? I guess I am seriously leaning towards the 4 arm system, but I feel like I am missing something on why I shouldn't be more eager to go for the 8 arms.

Any comments on the pros and cons of the two packages?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

I just installed the 4" 8 arm kit it rides great and handles nice the biggest advantage that know of is adjusting all of the arms and that will get all of your angles right.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will the angles be far enough off with just 4 arms to notice in the way it handles or rides?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

not really sure call tera flex , ask for joe he was a gret help he can give you all the details.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Depends on the angle of the drivelines, the good thing about having all eight is you can dial in and change the pinion angles and stretch the wheel base away from the pinch seam a bit more.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Front lowers and rear uppers are enough to set the angles. The other two sets would be for moving the entire axle forward/backward in the wheel well. Can be needed on 2doors, not so much on 4doors.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the 3" with lowers front and rear. I have everything "close enough" but I think I'll be buying the other four arms soon. The rear pinion angle is a little off. The more I try to correct it the closer the tires are to the front pinch weld. Having rear uppers may have been better than lowers. As for the front, it's pretty good with just the lowers. Uppers and lowers would allow me to dial it in almost perfect I think. If you're limited on money, I would say front lowers, upper rears.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

My rear uppers are the shortest they go. Probably stock to get the pinion correct. My lowers I did adjust a bit. Maybe I should go extend the uppers but it makes the pinion off. I dunno
Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hrmmm, sounds like I should probably go ahead and bite the bullet on the other 4 arms. I am thinking about getting the lift professionally installed, so I would like to get it all right the first time through.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know that I wish the rear of my kit had adjustable uppers to go with the adjustable lowers. Just my opinion though, if I was in your shoe's I'd opt for the 8 arms and have the ability to adjust everywhich way you may want or need.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3": 4 Flexarm vs. 8 Flexarm Systems