Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5BB

Old 02-09-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 150
I guess I should start to look for one then. What would happen if you just weld that bracket on? Tha last time I went to install a front track bar relocation thingy it took for ever to drill it.
This drilled quite easy and makes for a very solid mount.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BaltChief
This drilled quite easy and makes for a very solid mount.

X2. It is quite simple to drill this if you have a decent drill bit. Much easier than welding, unless you have all the welding equipment. I would think you would want to bolt it on, though, in case you want to make any changes down the road.

I installed this on 2 JKs and each time it was a simple task.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocksHurt
I am going to install my kit this afternoon. I got one with a rear trackbar bracket. Since it is realitivly new, there are no instructions for it.

Has anyone istalled one of these yet? I am not sure how it mounts until I get into the project; but I wanted some pre-install advice if possible. Thanks

MY 2.5" is on the way as we speak, did mine come with this?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Part number for the 2.5" BB rear trackbar relocation bracket from Teraflex: 001954202. I got that number directly from Teraflex, and they said dealers should be able to sell it very soon...On that note, when I tried to order it earlier this week, 4wd still didn't have it in their computer system.

Colin
Old 02-09-2008, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
It centers your rear axle if you don't have an adjustable track bar. Helps prevent bumpstear.
I don't understand this. Isn't this bracket for the rear
Old 02-10-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default It's on there

I installed it today. I assisted a "Seasoned Jeeper" that has wrenched on many others 4x4; and plenty of Jeeps. I was able to get the new track bar bracket installed and it seems to work pretty well.

I also mounted the rear swaybar links on the inside. However it will still rub at full droop. I would have to agree that spacers or new wheels would be necessary to be without rubbing at droop. Even when placing the links on the inside, we drilled the existing swaybar link holes on the axle mount to space the link ends from rubbing the mount surface. This would not be necessary if the hole was farther away from the flat surface of the mounting point.

But enough with the small talk; pictures are worth a thousand words. I took it off-road immediately after the install.

Before:

Directly After:

When I got home:

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5BB