Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5BB

Old 02-09-2008, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5BB

I am going to install my kit this afternoon. I got one with a rear trackbar bracket. Since it is realitivly new, there are no instructions for it.

Has anyone istalled one of these yet? I am not sure how it mounts until I get into the project; but I wanted some pre-install advice if possible. Thanks

Old 02-09-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RocksHurt
I am going to install my kit this afternoon. I got one with a rear trackbar bracket. Since it is realitivly new, there are no instructions for it.

Has anyone istalled one of these yet? I am not sure how it mounts until I get into the project; but I wanted some pre-install advice if possible. Thanks
So, it does exist! I have been wondering when this was coming out Sorry I cant help ya, the only thing I know is it goes on the frame side(I think). Let us know how it goes and take some pics! I think Im gonna have to give tera a call and get one
Old 02-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Fallen Hero

If I had to guess. I would try it like this
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02863.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	6102  
Old 02-09-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

man hopefully the rest of us that got the kit without the bracket will be able to buy one
Old 02-09-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

It is almost identical to the BDS bracket....so here you go..

This kit is a rather simple install requiring a few tools. Wrenches, drill, drill bits, torque wrench, etc. Begin by raising the Jeep and supporting it on jack stands. Remove the passenger side wheel and unbolt the frame mount side of the track bar. GENTLY rocking the Jeep side to side is usually helpful in removing the track bar bolt.

Using a center punch, mark a drill point for the top hole in the mount. Drill a smaller pilot hole then drill a 1/2" hole. Apply some paint to the hole to prevent rust.

Install the drop bracket. Use the oem bolt and nut in the upper mount hole, torque to 110 ft-lbs. Install the 1" 7/16 bolt and washer into the lower bracket hole. Install the 1 1/4" 7/16 bolt and nut into the upper hole, tighten to 45 ft-lbs.

Raise the track bar, it will probably be necessary to push the Jeep to the left to allow the bolt to line up. This is the difference the mount makes. Torque the 14mm bolt to 110 ft-lbs.

These are from ny BDS bracket instructions but they look identical except for the paint.

Here is a BDS bracket..

Hope this helps...
Old 02-09-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RocksHurt

That looks familiar, different color, but quite similar to BDS bracket:

BaltChief beat me to it, but, it does go on the frame side. The other post above has it backwards, the rounded side goes down, not up. Since it is so similar to the BDS bracket, I will layout how I put that one on - it fits inside the stock bracket, you will be able to tell that once you remove the track bar. The larger, rounded end goes down, and the open side of the bracket goes on the inside. I had to drill a hole in the stock bracket for the topmost hole in the BDS bracket, as a bolt and nut are provided to mount there. The stock track bar bolt goes through the middle holes to mount the aftermarket bracket. Tera should have sent a new bolt for mounting the track bar to the new bracket. I hope this makes sense. I probably can find the BDS instructions and scan them if you want...

glwood6
Old 02-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Fallen Hero

Well I guess it was my turn to learn something new today. I would of installed it upside down. SO the I guess the BDS is a good substitue for the TF? Also is this really needed?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 150
Well I guess it was my turn to learn something new today. I would of installed it upside down. SO the I guess the BDS is a good substitue for the TF? Also is this really needed?
It centers your rear axle if you don't have an adjustable track bar. Helps prevent bumpstear.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Fallen Hero

I guess I should start to look for one then. What would happen if you just weld that bracket on? Tha last time I went to install a front track bar relocation thingy it took for ever to drill it.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
man hopefully the rest of us that got the kit without the bracket will be able to buy one
I remember our Teraflex rep said something about being able to buy it right from them for less $$ if we already have the kit. I pm ed him about it.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5BB