Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift - TESTED

Old 05-27-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear trackbar

I've got the coil and 9550 2.5" kit on the way; based on recommendations in this thread and similar I'm definately going to go with a front adj. trackbar. I'm considering getting the rear for fine tuning, and to avoid above said install problems, however I noticed on quadratec the Teraflex rear adj track bar is to be used in conjunction with the trackbar bracket? Surely they don't mean the adapter. The teraflex instructions make no mention of this, and it would defeat the purpose right? I know this is a stupid question, but I'm no expert obviously. SUrely they just mean the actual stock bracket.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16191_9000.htm

Thanks in advance . . .

Last edited by mjcrna; 05-27-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
Just installed this on Sunday.

Went smoothly. Had my brother (a machinist) and a friend (a mechanic) watch, help and suggest.

In the end, I had zero axle shift, and the ride is awesome. Pretty much just like stock. Cept higher.

The bracket extension was tough to get in, but that's better than too easy I suppose.

BE SURE TO SEQUENCE TAP THE HOLE so it goes in nice and smooth. I'm sure a few people are just straight up 3/8" drilling it right out.

Didn't take any photos of the install since we were under a clock because I had to be at a funeral at 6 PM that day. In the end, we had ZERO problems installing it except for the slow-up with the bracket extension for the trackbar.

I've already taken it in some nearby off-road spots and even smacked it on some speed bumps pretty good to see what would happen, and it's perfect.

I keep watching the top of my shocks too just to make sure they're good and sturdy. They have zero side-to-side motion so I feel pretty comfortable about it. Very beefy extensions. I just screwed them in until the rubber bushings began to compress and stopped.

The rear swaybar does come a little close for comfort to the frame in the rear but it clears.. but only by about 1/8 inch.. but 1/8" might as well be a mile I guess.
What the hell is sequence tapping? Mechanic term or something?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Anyone using this 2.5" coil kit with the TeraFlex 9550 shocks might be interested in this problem I experienced over the weekend with my rear coil coming loose ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rear-spring-shifted-out-place-common-66521/
did you buy that kit new or used?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
X2 I was wondering this also, never heard of it. The only tapping I know is for cutting threads into something. I even looked it up on google with no luck
Old 05-27-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
nope i was a machinist for 13 years never heard itoh yea gotta love TERAFLEX!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

I have about 4k miles on my TF 2.5" coil lift now and am loving it. I have adj. trackbars front and rear so havent been using the bracket, but I have nothing but good things to say about the quality and durability of the kit. I did end up putting the TF adj front lower control arms on about 500miles ago and it rides better than stock now!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Jedi

looks great 09rubicon!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
looks great 09rubicon!!!!
Only problem is 35"s are startin to feel small maybe the TF 3" coils and 37"s
Old 05-28-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Sequence tapping is just a term used by machinists (real machinists, not CNC operators.

It just means start tapping a hole with smaller bits and gradually go larger until you tap the hole the size that you want it. Instead of just getting the big bit out and drilling a hole directly. It makes for a very clean and straight tap

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift - TESTED