Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift - TESTED

Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leveling

Can you run the 2.5 spring in the back and the 3 inch spring in the front??? That way you don't need a spacer in front to level out the kit????
Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thissideup
Can you run the 2.5 spring in the back and the 3 inch spring in the front??? That way you don't need a spacer in front to level out the kit????
I believe the kit comes with the front coils taller than the rear, so that when you punch a winch/bumpers etc it levels out. I have the TF 2.5 Coil/Shock w/ front and rear bumpers and a winch and mine is level. TF also sells spacers just in case (only like $20 each), you are going to end up spending alot mroe to buy two half kits.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, it's designed to clear up the rake. Best bet is to talk to Joe and tell them what you want, then they can get you sorted.

Cheers!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

I installed this lift today on a 2dr X and got over 3 inches front and rear. I am going to double check my measurements tomorrow morning.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by benmar2000
I just ordered this lift on Friday and was wondering if anyone else who has installed this lift had any issues with the drop bracket that comes with the kit? If the issue has been fixed then I am going to see about using the bracket instead of getting a adj tb to save some money..

Congrats benmar I bet you're syched !!! I have had no issues with the rear trackbar drop bracket with the 2.5" kit. Actually didn't know there were any issues with it I don't think you'll need a rear adjustable track bar with this kit... but as for the front there are some using it with a 2.5" kit, I being one of them but I think TeraFlex Joe will even say it's not necassary with this kit. With these coils you'll get over 3" of lift in the front so if you do consider a track bar I would focus on the front track bar before the rear. just my ...
Old 12-22-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the TF 2.5" coil lift with TF 9550 shocks today. I have to say over all I love it. Install was straight foreward and very easy. Took me about three and a half hours and that is without the use of my left thumb (little accident last week and 19 stiches later)!!!!! The ride is awesome, very smooth and much better than stock. I have to say I didnt have the clearance issues some of you had especialy with the sway bar links. I did deviate from the instructions a little, mostly in bolt position. I would highly suggest this lift to anyone. Also the TF9550 shocks are excelent, I have a 2 dr Rubi and they feel like they were made specificaly for my truck!

I am looking foreward to my front and rear adjustable track bars showing up so I can properly center my axles!!

TERA FLEX: Your instruction were very clear and concise, some of the best I have seen yet. I have only two suggestions. Larger pictures for refrence to the well written instructions and give more detail and information on recentering the steering wheel. Torque specifications would be nice too.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Yeah.. I am psyched.. I am getting the front TB but was going to save money and just use the rear bracket.. AZ-JK had an issue of the holes not lining up on the install..

But that is when it first came out so TF might have fixed the issue..

Yeah. I am going to be ready for JK-Fest next year.. I am hoping I won't be plowing the trails like I was before..
It was so embarrising to be driving a Rubi and getting stuck on stuff a stock Sahara was able to go over..
I had an issue with the bracket at first (running it till my adj. TBs get here). I threw it in a bench vise gave it a good press and went in fine.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Just installed this on Sunday.

Went smoothly. Had my brother (a machinist) and a friend (a mechanic) watch, help and suggest.

In the end, I had zero axle shift, and the ride is awesome. Pretty much just like stock. Cept higher.

The bracket extension was tough to get in, but that's better than too easy I suppose.

BE SURE TO SEQUENCE TAP THE HOLE so it goes in nice and smooth. I'm sure a few people are just straight up 3/8" drilling it right out.

Didn't take any photos of the install since we were under a clock because I had to be at a funeral at 6 PM that day. In the end, we had ZERO problems installing it except for the slow-up with the bracket extension for the trackbar.

I've already taken it in some nearby off-road spots and even smacked it on some speed bumps pretty good to see what would happen, and it's perfect.

I keep watching the top of my shocks too just to make sure they're good and sturdy. They have zero side-to-side motion so I feel pretty comfortable about it. Very beefy extensions. I just screwed them in until the rubber bushings began to compress and stopped.

The rear swaybar does come a little close for comfort to the frame in the rear but it clears.. but only by about 1/8 inch.. but 1/8" might as well be a mile I guess.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Anyone using this 2.5" coil kit with the TeraFlex 9550 shocks might be interested in this problem I experienced over the weekend with my rear coil coming loose ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rear-spring-shifted-out-place-common-66521/
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

What a shock that must have been to see.
I have the TF2.5 coils, but used the shock extentions as I was told the rubi shocks are just as good as the TF9550's...

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift - TESTED