Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift - TESTED

Old 08-30-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift

Thinkin of gettin this kit, but I got to tell ya those front axle pics kinda got me thinkin twice. Should I be?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree about the Teraflex shocks! They are friggin long and really helped my flex. I was (and still am) impressed. Great pics. I need someone to take some of mine next time out.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok gonna read all this and send some pm's out.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Joe... whats the word my friend?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a 2 door softtop then you will get more lift out of this than compared to a 4 door. Now as to how much? Good question, that really is going to depend on how much added stuff you have added. With a 4 door Rubicon Unlimited the coils were test as having 3.1" in the front and 2.1" in the rear.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
If you have a 2 door softtop then you will get more lift out of this than compared to a 4 door. Now as to how much? Good question, that really is going to depend on how much added stuff you have added. With a 4 door Rubicon Unlimited the coils were test as having 3.1" in the front and 2.1" in the rear.
I just installed my 2.5" coil lift on my 2dr Rubi this past weekend, but failed to make any "before" measurements. I would be willing to make some "after" measurements if anyone thinks it might help. Also went with TF shocks, but haven't gone out to flex it yet. Just listening to, and inspecting the Jeep over the next several days to make sure everything is in order.

After:

Heard about some folks having height differences between the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle after lift install so I checked mine. Here's a pic.

Level side-to-side:
Attachment 12562

Originally Posted by AZ-JK
Lots of tweaks since the lift was put on, but none that I could directly relate to the lift alone. Well, except adding a front adjustable Track Bar.
Yup. After seeing how much my front sway bar links seemed to be tilted, I called Dave at Northridge4x4 and ordered an adjustable track bar. I really don't believe my front axle shifted that much, but I'm about to add 35's and want the linkage on the front aligned correctly. Good news is front/rear sway bars look almost parallel to the ground.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 09-04-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-04-2008, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, looks great! You gotta love them white 2dr Jeeps. It's gonna look smokin with 35's! And by the way, Mine sits level side to side also. But does have a slight rake frt. to back. Still have stock bumper on the rear though. Must make myself work overtime.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks Great, still trying to get the money for mine.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Just installed the 2.5" TF coil lift and some 33" BFG KM2's on AEV wheels ... just poser shots for now but hope to have some action shots in a few weeks

I have to say the stance is greatly improved over the TF 2.5" spacer lift... It was just sagging too much in front for my liking. I think it sits perfect now. Like the original poster "AZ-JK", I added 3/4" spacer up front due to the weight I have up there. Thanks for the pics AZ, here's how mine turned out.

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 09-20-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Thanks for the write up and an honest opinion.. How is the driving? Is the steering flightly like some have said about the OME lift?
man this kit makes the jeep handle like my subaru.
Its SUPER flat during turns, and totally predictable. I was on C1 route last night (if you have played tokyo extreme racer you know what hat is) and its super curvy highway. last time i was on it with the stock suspension i had to slow down for the turns. With this lift, i dont need to. its sooooooooo predictable.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift - TESTED