Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" Spring Lift Questions

Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teraflex 2.5" Spring Lift Questions

I have the 2.5" Teraflex spring lift coming this week, and was reading through the instal directions and had a couple questions these don't seem to adress very well.

Question 1 is in the rear they mention to remove the clip holding the speed sensor wires to the upper control arm mount. Will this allow enough dropp in the axle to replace the springs. Also once the instal is done will I want to reattach these, or leave them so there is enough room durring articulation.

Question 2 is the tranny skid plate. I know to remove it for while I am doing the install, but with the shock enxtensions will I get enough droop to where I will want to remove it permanently, or trim it, or will my travel be limited enough to where there won't be contact?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trimming the Tranny skid will only weaken the skid. Been there done that.

Need an aftermarket skid.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

you can notch the skid no problem, it still takes a lickin' and yes the rear will droop plenty
Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I have the 2.5" Teraflex spring lift coming this week, and was reading through the instal directions and had a couple questions these don't seem to adress very well.

Question 1 is in the rear they mention to remove the clip holding the speed sensor wires to the upper control arm mount. Will this allow enough dropp in the axle to replace the springs. Also once the instal is done will I want to reattach these, or leave them so there is enough room durring articulation.

Question 2 is the tranny skid plate. I know to remove it for while I am doing the install, but with the shock enxtensions will I get enough droop to where I will want to remove it permanently, or trim it, or will my travel be limited enough to where there won't be contact?
When we did mine, we diso'ed the sensor but put it back in.... I have had the rear litterly hanging in the air and nothing was too far stretched... at least I dont htink it was :( hahaha I might wana check this out more in depth next chance I get to hang the rear that far....

I also didnt take the skid off at all... and so far I havent had any issues... then again I am over due for a full check out of everything to make sure she is holding up well... but I think you should be fine with the 2.5'' without moding the skids...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

FTR I have an auto so I notched the skid.... don't think driveline is an issue with manual

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" Spring Lift Questions