Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 question

Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally forgot what this thread was about...i have become so involved in the argument...keep going!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Oh and nycvr6, if you want to go off-roading in the city...come down to Wooster street for a quick thrill
Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Takenithome
I respect u both for standing ur ground and seperatly apologizing! Way to b a " piece of shit box" jeep owner!!!!! Hahaha
Lol I may been speaking out of anger just a wee bit. This is my second JK, I had an 08' 2 door. I liked it, but the fit and finish wasn't great. It had rattles I couldn't track down and such. My 2010 unlimited has a nicer fit and finish, I'm hoping it doesn't become like my other jeep. So far so good, even with mods. My other jeep only had 33's on it.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enwhypetey
Oh and nycvr6, if you want to go off-roading in the city...come down to Wooster street for a quick thrill
My old construction company built condos on Wooster. I'm afraid that street will rattle everything loose. Haha
Old 01-22-2011, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Were they the condos between canal and grand?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enwhypetey
Were they the condos between canal and grand?
It's been a few years since I was at that job, I only stopped there 1 time to check out the place. They were doing interior work there, and I was an excavator operating for them. I think it was between Spring and Prince though. Not 100% sure.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nycvr6

It's been a few years since I was at that job, I only stopped there 1 time to check out the place. They were doing interior work there, and I was an excavator operating for them. I think it was between Spring and Prince though. Not 100% sure.
An Audi S4 that is quality?!? And over 350hp?!? Weird I Drove my retired parents S4 and their current 2011 Caddy CTS-V and I have to say for elderly type vehicles the Caddy has my vote. My Jeep sleeps in the winter besides my motorcycles and my $500.00 Ford Taurus gets me through the winter!!! Priorities !!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269

An Audi S4 that is quality?!? And over 350hp?!? Weird I Drove my retired parents S4 and their current 2011 Caddy CTS-V and I have to say for elderly type vehicles the Caddy has my vote. My Jeep sleeps in the winter besides my motorcycles and my $500.00 Ford Taurus gets me through the winter!!! Priorities !!!
Yea it's a purpose built drag and road racing car, full street trim though. 650whp which is roughly 775 at the motor. I think it's quality, I'm not talking about test driving mommy and daddy's cars. I built it from the bottom up and have seen every inch of it, audi builds great cars. Chassis is solid, good factory electronics, everything is built solid. The CTS-V I can respect, but you're comparing a brand new caddy to an older S4. Your priorities are different than mine, I wouldn't wanna be caught dead in a $500 taurus. I have to take clients out at times, go to functions, and be good on job sites... The Jeep is good for that, and it's great in the snow especially for my ski trips up to Vermont.
If my jeep wasn't my daily I'd for sure have a blown hemi in it by now.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nycvr6

Yea it's a purpose built drag and road racing car, full street trim though. 650whp which is roughly 775 at the motor. I think it's quality, I'm not talking about test driving mommy and daddy's cars. I built it from the bottom up and have seen every inch of it, audi builds great cars. Chassis is solid, good factory electronics, everything is built solid. The CTS-V I can respect, but you're comparing a brand new caddy to an older S4. Your priorities are different than mine, I wouldn't wanna be caught dead in a $500 taurus. I have to take clients out at times, go to functions, and be good on job sites... The Jeep is good for that, and it's great in the snow especially for my ski trips up to Vermont.
If my jeep wasn't my daily I'd for sure have a blown hemi in it by now.
I too take clients out to their Dr Appts and get errands done in my little beater car. You see I take care of elderly and it works perfectly fir that for my business' I own and run. Now please let's compare apples to apples here. Blown drag care Vs quality ride?!? Humm I have a fun couple fast car as well one being a Healthy EVO lancer and the other Ariel Atom I just purchased.
Jeep is an Icon vehicle that represents more than a hunk and junk as you call it. It has came a long way from my grandpa's old Willies that he used in the war. Sadly to say that Jeep is starting to turning a car and and more people complain about is rattles and squeaks the more car like it becomes and less trail friendly.
Let's keep our Jeeps the way they are and our quality daily drivers separate. Let's face it maybe a FJ Cruiser is more your style!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh I didn't realize I have to expect my jeep to rattle, get real man, it's 2011 and im spending 30k+ on it, sorry if I expect a just a little quality. You get your jeep for what you want and I have it for what I need it for. You should start paying attention to these forums though. People asking about insulating their hard tops, miles per gallon issues, remote starts, etc... I don't feel like I'm asking for a lot to not have a rattling jeep, with my soft top, I could care less about mpg, and a remote starter.
I'm not continuing this, like i said you have your jeep for what you need it for and I have mine for what I need mine for. There's no point shooting back and forth.

Last edited by nycvr6; 01-23-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 question