Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 question

Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

I got 315 75 R16 BFG AT's under my JKU out of a TF 2.5BB. I'm going to get 37's under it with flat fenders after the tires wear out. Damn the wait.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stlfan06

I think this was just a nice way of saying, you're wrong.
I think it was more of him being a sarcastic ass. Who really cares, 2.5" or 3"? Whatever it's a minute difference. He was the one making sarcastic quality control comments like I had malicious intent to my post.

Could have been the coils had to settle, but I had them out only a few hours. I would re-measure now, but I don't even remember the measurement before. No big deal.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I just finished my flatties and squeezed my 35's on just to see it. I gotta put my spare 35 on yet and measure everything. Then tackle the 2.5 coil kit in for the Unlimited on my 2 Door. With the weight of my bumpers and winch and all I will measure afterwards and tell ya the results!!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
I got exactly 2.5" of lift out of my Teraflex 2.5" suspension lift.
That sounds about right!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by nycvr6
I think it was more of him being a sarcastic ass. Who really cares, 2.5" or 3"? Whatever it's a minute difference. He was the one making sarcastic quality control comments like I had malicious intent to my post.
The OP was asking how much lift he could expect with TF 'coils'. The answer will vary enough without confusing the situation by chiming in with "my 2.5" chunk of plastic gave me 3". A 1" spacer gives 1", a 2" spacer gives 2". So yes, I was curious how your 2.5" chunk of plastic gave you 3", and how it was relevant to how much lift he would get with a coil.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf

The OP was asking how much lift he could expect with TF 'coils'. The answer will vary enough without confusing the situation by chiming in with "my 2.5" chunk of plastic gave me 3". A 1" spacer gives 1", a 2" spacer gives 2". So yes, I was curious how your 2.5" chunk of plastic gave you 3", and how it was relevant to how much lift he would get with a coil.
Oh sorry I didnt invest the extra money on a coil lift kit since I live in new York city and will be going off road every once in a blue moon. The chunks of plastic will do me just fine. Sorry I'm not throwing money at my piece of shit jeep because it's my daily driver while my 650 wheel horsepower Audi S4 sleeps tight. I'm just making the best of my junky daily driver so it isn't a total hunk of shit. At least it looks decent and I can drive over some crap now. I know you live, eat and breathe for your jeep. Sorry for offending you with my misinformation. I don't recall you being a forum moderator, so why don't you mind your own business. Especially since the OP NEVER specifies it's a coil lift at all in his post.
I know I'll get bashed on this forum for telling my truth, so be it. I like my jeep for what it is though, I'm no jeep elitist like a lot of people on here. I know it will be a rattle shit box in a few years, that's why I'll turn it in and get another one. I'll probably put chunks of plastic on that one too.

Last edited by nycvr6; 01-22-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I REALLY STARTED SOMETHING SORRY GUYS.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gunbo75
I REALLY STARTED SOMETHING SORRY GUYS.
I apologize actually, it appears I started this I guess. I've been on forums for years and should have expected there to be elitist nitpickers on here too. I didnt realize you were talking about coils, sorry.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nycvr6
I apologize actually, it appears I started this I guess. I've been on forums for years and should have expected there to be elitist nitpickers on here too. I didnt realize you were talking about coils, sorry.
i should have said coil lift at first.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

I respect u both for standing ur ground and seperatly apologizing! Way to b a " piece of shit box" jeep owner!!!!! Hahaha

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 question