Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 question

Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 2.5" coil lift with shock extensions on a Unlimited Rubicon with soft top. I did not install any coil spacers, only springs and I have no aftermarket bumpers or winch (yet).

I got about +2.6" up front and +2.4" in the rear. These measurements are taken from my rock rail to the ground at both ends of it. Also my jeep is now sitting with a 3/4" rake also measured on the rail front and rear, but it looks about level to my eye.

I don't know how heavy a hard top is vs a soft top, so there is the only variable I can think of. I doubt it would make more than a 1/4" difference, if any, though.

Last edited by Biginboca; 01-22-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should be about 3.1" front and 2.1" rear with the coil version on a stock JK.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Should be about 3.1" front and 2.1" rear with the coil version on a stock JK.
Thats just about what I got on my 4dr hardtop sahara. 3" in the front and about 2.25" rear.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by nycvr6
I think you asked me this already, I'm not sure to be honest. I didn't measure the exact height of the spacers, but I'm pretty sure the front spacers were taller than the rears. Here's a pic I took, it's hard to tell, but I should have measured them. The front spacer is sitting under the rear one in the picture.
TF can correct this if it's wrong, but I'm pretty sure that their BB is 2.5" front spacers and 2" rear spacers. If your coils sag a bit, you can end up with less than 2.5", but unless their quality control failed for a day, not sure how you get more than 2.5" on a 2.5" spacer. A coil, yes. But a spacer?

Just has me curious, I guess.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf

TF can correct this if it's wrong, but I'm pretty sure that their BB is 2.5" front spacers and 2" rear spacers. If your coils sag a bit, you can end up with less than 2.5", but unless their quality control failed for a day, not sure how you get more than 2.5" on a 2.5" spacer. A coil, yes. But a spacer?

You're pretty gung-ho about this huh? Right, their quality control was off for my kit, that's how this anomaly happened. You want to come to my house, uninstall the kit, measure, then reinstall it to really get to the bottom of this quagmire?? Who knows and who really cares.. I guess I could have made the measurements fast at the beginning and had the figure off, I didn't write them down or anything. Wait, you got me, I'm trying to fool everyone here into believing that my BB kit netted me another .5" than anyone else. Guilty as charged. You need something to keep you busy.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dcharge74

Thats just about what I got on my 4dr hardtop sahara. 3" in the front and about 2.25" rear.
Got the same.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed a TF BB with shock adapters and I got 3" up front and 2.5" in the rear. Not sure why I got so much, but I measured.
The spacers are 2.5" front and 2" rear but then if you have the factory coil isolators installed, those can get you 1/4"-1/2" more. I have yet to hear of any of the JK BB spacers coming out taller or smaller than spec.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 01-22-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

The spacers are 2.5" front and 2" rear but then if you have the factory coil isolators installed, those can get you 1/4"-1/2" more. I have yet to hear of any of the JK BB spacers coming out taller or smaller than spec.
My measurement could have been off, I was measuring from floor to fender fast, it was far from exact science. Very thorough kit for the price, I am very happy with it.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf

I think this was just a nice way of saying, you're wrong.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed a TF BB with shock adapters and I got 3" up front and 2.5" in the rear. Not sure why I got so much, but I measured.
Most likely from your springs being totally extended for awhile with no weight on them. They'll settle back in.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 question