Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 lift and Fox Shocks install

Old 02-19-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 lift and Fox Shocks install

Sold our 08 and got a new Rubicon. We had one of the early Teraflex lifts on the 08. It was a great ride and gave flawless performance over five years and 38K miles of wheeling in the Rockies.

So we ordered the Teraflex 2.5 springs kit and got the Fox shocks that are tuned to the Teraflex springs.

The wife and I installed it last Saturday. Relative piece of cake to do.

The ride on the road with the Fox Shocks is fantastic. If you are thinking about going this way I'd say you will be happy with it. We can't wait for the snow to melt so we can go wheel.

There is only one shortcoming and it is that the spring kit does not come with the spring retainers. You'd think this would be noted and either included when you upgrade to the Fox shocks or at least you would be told. I know for a fact that those retainers absolutely keep the springs in place when you are flexing as we have heard the springs re seat many times on the 08. They never came out.

So I had to order the spring retainers separately and we will install them when they arrive. Not a big deal to install them, just wish they had come with the kit or that I had known I had to order them. I ordered the kit a month before the jeep arrived.

I am going to have the rear axle track bar bracket welded to the axle and I will have the front axle track bar connecting point welded up too. I kept my Teraflex monster front adjustable track bar so that goes on this weekend and in another week or two I will put some longer brake lines on it to accommodate the flex. May have to get a rear adjustable track bar too as the axle is a little bit off.

The only good thing about the snow is that we have some time to get the jeep right before we head off to the first trail. See you out there.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

which kit / retainers did you end up getting as i was planning on ordering a teraflex 2.5 probably with the bilstein 5100s within the next week or so
Old 02-19-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And how does snow on the ground stop you from hitting the trails?!

Wish my wife helped me put my lift on. Congrats to her!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

We got the Teraflex 1/2 inch retainers. They have a set that are an inch thick but I don't need to raise the rear any more.

There are retainers holding the spring to the axle but if the spring comes unseated at the top its a pita on the trail. So the Teraflex retainers worked perfectly on our previous install and should work as well with these shocks.

We have a ton of stuff to do before we take it out. Just got the B&M trans cooler and I need to get some under armor and mount a winch and you know the list goes on. The snow will melt before I can afford all that stuff!

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 lift and Fox Shocks install