Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 inch spring & Shock lift installed but JK is not level

Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 inch spring & Shock lift installed but JK is not level

This is my first post. I searched this subject and did not see anyone had posted anything similar to the problem I am having.

I just installed the teraflex 2.5 spring and shock lift. I did not have any problems with instalation and followed the instructions perfectly. The JK is running fine, no sqeeks, rattles or weird noises.

I do have a big concern though as my JK still has the forward tilt that it had with the stock suspension. I was under the impression that this lift kit would correct the forward tilt. However my back end is still 1/2 higher in the back then in the front.

The only thing I could think of is I installed the factory spring isolater under the new isolater per the instructions provided. It mentioned if you did not do so the lift would be off 1/2 inch in back.

Should I remove the factory spring isolater to get the front and back level or is there perhaps something else that is wrong? If anyone else has held similar problem or knows whats wrong would appreciated suggestions.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I assume that the 1 inch coil isolator came with this kit? I got the kit without the shocks and upgraded later with the isolator and new shocks. if so you will have an extra 1/2 in on the back. if you plan on adding larger tires the 1/2 more in the back will be benificial to counter the extra weight.
congrats on the lift and hope you find your answer

Last edited by 07Ruby; 05-02-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07Ruby
I assume that the 1 inch coil isolator came with this kit? I got the kit without the shocks and upgraded later with the isolator and new shocks. if so you will have an extra 1/2 in on the back. if you plan on adding larger tires the 1/2 more in the back will be benificial to counter the extra weight.
congrats on the lift and hope you find your answer
Thanks. The coil isolator did come with the kit. I have already installed the tires. Purchased the BF Goodrich All Tarrain 315/75/16. The wheels I purchased have 4.5 backspace. Little bit of rubbing but other then the back being higher then the front everything is great. New tires and wheels really fill out the wheel wells nicely.

I know the are other on this forum that have installed the same kit and they adsvised it leveled the truck out. Thats why I am concerned that something is missing or installed wrong.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Mine was the same way after the lift. I removed the .5" spacer from the rear and added 1" front and rear.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Teraflex 2.5 inch spring & Shock lift installed but JK is not level

My rear coils are actually starting to sag. I'm going to contact Joe tomorrow. Don't forget your coils will settle so I would hold off on removing the rear isolators.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
My rear coils are actually starting to sag. I'm going to contact Joe tomorrow. Don't forget your coils will settle so I would hold off on removing the rear isolators.
Ok, thanks! I will hold off for awhile and see if it does settle.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Any luck with the settling? I just got a 3.25 Rough Country lift installed today and the front is actually higher than the back. Isn't that the opposite of the factory rake? I'm hoping it had something to do with the original parts being in the trunk weighing the back down, not measuring on a level surface or the need for it to settle over time.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 inch spring & Shock lift installed but JK is not level