Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 inch budget boost questions

Old 12-27-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk77
has anyone experienced the "death wobble" with this budget boost? i have heard of other bb, such as the rough country, that cause the "death wobble", which i want to avoid coming across. any feedback on that?
Death wobble usually is a result of improper installation and/or maintenence. Proper torquing and re-torquing of all suspension bolts with the Jeep on the ground is essential!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jpwranglerWI
We head north....obviously you didn't find the right clubs or the right people
I did find a few dirt roads, but nothing exceptinal. I'm hoping to get that way next summer. I'll put out a call when I know I'm coming...
Old 12-27-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

No death wobble on mine. But I keep checking the bolts for tightness.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a Teraflex 2.5 BB installed since January of 2007 until two weeks ago on my '07 Sahara 4Dr. I had no problems what-so-ever with the kit. I did have to re-tighten the shock extensions once during that time, but for almost two years and one thing loose, I think that's good. The only reason I upgraded my suspension lift a few weeks ago (with a Teraflex 4" short arm kit), is because I finally got a new bumper and a winch, and the front sagged quite a bit. I used the BB on raod everyday as my daily driver, and quite a bit off road. Trails and mud mostly, with no problems. I highly recommend the Teraflex BB, for ease of installation and long term reliabilty. I bought new tires and rims before I installed the 2.5" BB, so I cannot speak of the rubbing issues. But I do have pictures on my Project Jk of the Before and After with factory wheels.
Before the Budget Boost

After the Budget Boost

With 35x12.5x17 on 17x9 rims
Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by randyd
I did find a few dirt roads, but nothing exceptinal. I'm hoping to get that way next summer. I'll put out a call when I know I'm coming...
There are lots of good runs up here, just not many rocks. Plenty of other things to flex and crawl over though. Jeep Jamboree rates the Crandon run a 4-7 dificulty and I know there is worse out there. Won't find much around appleton. You have to go well north of Green Bay.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tereflex 2.5BB

Sorry I posted something similiar to this elsewhere before I found THIS thread.
I have an 08 stock X. This Spring (2009) I am going to be getting 35" MT/R's, unsure what size/make rims yet, but I am also planning on adding a Tereflex 2.5 BB.
Now, should I also get just the shock extensions, OR, new (longer) aftermarket shocks, OR, neither?? If I would ever get a new, heavy duty bumper, it would be 3-4-5 years down the road. So is a BB fine for now, as compared to 2.5 COIL lift?? Mine is a daily driver, only go trail-riding 1 to 3 times a month, from Spring to Fall season. Thanks for your input!!

TimzToy

Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is exactly why I bought a TF BB. Same amount of off road driving and also my daily driver. I was planning on getting new tires and wheels right away, but planning on the big stuff and possibly a new lift down the road. I used the shock extensions for the whole time I have the BB. I put on Rubicon shocks with the extensions the last month I had the BB on. Very easy to install, no adjustments, and not too big to need a bunch of extra stuff like driveshafts. After you do all your research, if you have decided on a Teraflex BB, I have the used one from my Jeep, I'd be willing to part with for cheap. PM me if you are insterested.

Last edited by Clownhunter69; 01-05-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 inch budget boost questions