Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" coil vs OME 2"

Old 11-25-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by KY.
okay david at northridge has talked me into the 2.5" TF coil over the OME 2". I was ready to pull the trigger till I saw all this business about drive shafts. are people really having problems? Im looking to buy and lift. thats it. I dont want problems with drive shafts or anything of that sort at all. should I just wuss out and get a little spacer lift? my jeep does some serious wheeling on the stock suspension with zero problems. Im going to college next year and the jeep is my mode of transportation so i CANNOT have these types of problems. so what should i do?
Guess what. Both of those lifts put you over 3" in actual lift height.

Neither will be any better or worse than the other regarding the driveshaft.

As I stated earlier, nobody can tell you whether you will or will not have issues with any lift, regardless of height. And just because you are stock, it doesn't mean that you won't have issues either. Take some precautions, drive like you realize your JK is not indestructible, and go enjoy it...
Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 2dr, I bought my OME HD coils and LT OME shocks from David @ Northridge awhile ago. I now have almost 10k on it with this kit and I haven't needed driveshafts. Now I must state that I have a winch on the front which I know lowered the front of my JK closer to 2.5 to 2.75' lift. the rear was lifted an honest 3".
So not in my case have I needed driveshafts...
The ride and "flex" was well worth it. I can stuff my stock offset wheels with 33's on. Oh fwiw, I did get the JKS adj track bars too.
With 35's I'll get bumpstops.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" coil vs OME 2"