Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift w/ shocks on 2012 Rubicon JKU Tips

Old 11-13-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift w/ shocks on 2012 Rubicon JKU Tips

So for any of you 2012 owners deciding on a lift the teraflex is a very well put together lift and is ALMOST complete. For the most part it is a very straight forward install and all the teraflex hard parts bolt right in. a couple tips for a more complete install.

first, the front brake lines are too short and in order to make it work you have to squeeze the brake line out of a metal bracket which is very frustrating and takes some finesse not to puncture the brake line while removing it, my suggestion and if i had to do it all over again, i would get extended brake lines for the front. the rears are fine. i ended up taking the lines out of the brackets and zip tying them about an inch higher to get enough slack to turn lock to lock and flex. in hindsight much easier to just get longer lines

secondly, there is no mention in the instructions to extend the axle breather tubes, but at least for the rear it is required, i ran the breather all the way up behind the passenger side tail light, to do this you need 5/16" rubber hose and hose clamps. while you have the clamps and hose i would go ahead and do the front as well cuz it is really close to being too short as well, i ran the front into the engine bay.

lastly the passenger side upper shock bolt is very very very tight to get threaded on, we did it the hard way but if possible it would be easier to just remove the fuse box to get access to the upper bolt.

An AEV procal makes it very easy to recenter the steering wheel, and an adjustable front track bar also makes the lift a bit more complete, the rear is pretty close and i did not end up with an adjustable rear track bar. so here's what got installed,

Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift
Teraflex 9550 Shocks
Extended axle breather tubes front and rear
JKS Adjustable front track bar
Dominion off road steering stabilizer relocation bracket
Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer

i didn't take before and after measurements so i don't have exactly how much lift i got. sorry for the bad after pictures, it was dark when i got home, big thanks to combsn6 for the help, i drove home 50 miles at 80mph and not a shimmy, no esp light, no death wobble. i was really anal and everything got torqued to OEM specs.

Before

after

Old 11-13-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ray101381

i didn't take before and after measurements so i don't have exactly how much lift i got. sorry for the bad after pictures, it was dark when i got home, big thanks to combsn6 for the help, i drove home 50 miles at 80mph and not a shimmy, no esp light, no death wobble. i was really anal and everything got torqued to OEM specs.

Nice job on the lift, take some pics later on in the day time. No big deal going with OEM torque, that's what it is there for, just remember to re-check everything once you have driven it for a few days. Glad you did not have any 'major' issues and I am sure the new JK owners will appreciate some of the tips you have suggested based on the problems you encountered and overcame to have it turn out great. So what's next??
Old 11-13-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! Definitely shoot some daytime pics when you can. I'm a bit partial since I just took delivery of your jeeps twin!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-288561090.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	236471
Old 11-14-2011, 02:43 AM
JK Freak

Be sure to go back and check everything for tightness after some miles are put on it. Then make it a regular part of your maintenance and you'll never have a problem. Jeep looks great.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did they include their exhaust extender in the package?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by f2fast4u
Did they include their exhaust extender in the package?
no the exhaust spacers are not included in the package but they are needed for a 2012, i bought them then ended up buying the whole afe exhaust with y pipe and all. so i have a brand new set of exhaust spacers for sale, never even opened the box.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

here's a better after pic
Old 11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

What are the wheels / tires?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knightrohulk
What are the wheels / tires?
check the sig, but they're black rock 909 D alloys 17x8 4.5" backspacing. tires are 295/70/17
Old 11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ray101381
check the sig, but they're black rock 909 D alloys 17x8 4.5" backspacing. tires are 295/70/17
Have you flexed it out yet? Any rubbing?

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift w/ shocks on 2012 Rubicon JKU Tips