Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift w/OME LT Shocks

Old 07-17-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah... the new tera kits have the post in the middle of the spacer. keeps the springs in place. that plus a coil retainer, he should be in great shape.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
Tera coil isolators/spacers that come in the kit have a unique rod type thing in the middle and a spring retainer at the bottom of the spring. It is pretty hard to have an issue unless you really unseat it.

Hopefully Joe will chime in and tell you some solid info.
Yes...Teraflex will suggest you add the coil spacer/retainer. I worked with Joe directly on this same issue a few months ago. I think you'll be placing a lot of stress on the Currie retainer for the amount of travel those shocks are giving you.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you'll be placing a lot of stress on the Currie retainer for the amount of travel those shocks are giving you.
not at all the Currie retainer is very stout and you will not have a issue with it at all.

David
Old 07-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Those spacers will nt work with the currie retainers the currie kit retaines the spring on the top and bottom .

David
Old 07-17-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Those spacers will nt work with the currie retainers the currie kit retaines the spring on the top and bottom .

David
lmao.. I know. I didn't read that they were the currie ones. Once I reread I remembered they attached top and bottom. So I had deleted the post. I thought I canned it fast enough. guess not...

That is less expensive than buying spacers and retainers and I like how it keeps the spring attached constantly.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Here is a great picture of what it looks like.

And Bottom

David
Old 07-17-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

ya. that is kick ass. I like that design. Nice photos of them too.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
lmao.. I know. I didn't read that they were the currie ones. Once I reread I remembered they attached top and bottom. So I had deleted the post. I thought I canned it fast enough. guess not...

That is less expensive than buying spacers and retainers and I like how it keeps the spring attached constantly.
Just be careful...even Currie has stated these retainers were designed as a "safety" in the event of shock failure. I'm not sure how they will hold with the regular stress of keeping stretched coils in place as you flex your JK since your 28" shocks will be out-stretching your coils

From Another thread ...
Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
Yes they do retain the coil top and bottom. The rear spring retainer kit was designed as a "safety" in the event of a shock failure. The rear shocks on the JK are vulnerable, if the shock gets hit by a rock and breaks, the spring could come flying out.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Just be careful...even Currie has stated these retainers were designed as a "safety" in the event of shock failure. I'm not sure how they will hold with the regular stress of keeping stretched coils in place as you flex your JK since your 28" shocks will be out-stretching your coils
I would expect Currie to say this.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes David you did answer all of my question. I appreciate all of the time you spent helping out. I purchased my lift kit from you based on all of the positive things everyone on this forum has said about you. I am also very satisfied with the level of service you have provided and would recommend you to anyone looking for a lift for their JK. I just wanted to find out what others might have done to rectify this problem when running this setup.

Thanks Again!

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift w/OME LT Shocks