Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift Question- Control arm question

Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift Question- Control arm question

I've read on a few different installs that people loosen their control arms, bounce on their jeep a few times to unbind the control arms. But I haven't read that everywhere. Anybody know if there's some truth this? Thanks
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AUJeep
I've read on a few different installs that people loosen their control arms, bounce on their jeep a few times to unbind the control arms. But I haven't read that everywhere. Anybody know if there's some truth this? Thanks
After an install some people bounce there Jeep before tight and torque of the control arm. Always tighnen and torque with the Jeep on the ground if you didnt know.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply and for the reminder about torquing once it's back on the ground. I just figured the fewer parts I loosen, the better the chance I don't get DW...

This whole install process has been a major learning experience. Not quite as easy as I thought it was gonna be, but definitely cool. Getting new tires tomorrow, hopefully will have some pictures to post up soon.

Please God, don't let me get DW... Please
Old 12-02-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AUJeep
Thanks for the reply and for the reminder about torquing once it's back on the ground. I just figured the fewer parts I loosen, the better the chance I don't get DW...

This whole install process has been a major learning experience. Not quite as easy as I thought it was gonna be, but definitely cool. Getting new tires tomorrow, hopefully will have some pictures to post up soon.

Please God, don't let me get DW... Please
death wobble really should be a huge concern. 95% of the time its due to worn parts due to non proper maintenance or bent/damaged items offroading affecting the alignment. Its really not this epic end of the world kind of thing people make it seem to be. Its a solid axle vehicle and solid axle vehicles can get dw.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

True, but when you don't have an easily accessible 2nd vehicle, it definitely can be a major pain.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Jedi

Yup i have no spare vehicle and still pound mine into death wobble mode more than i need to... I cant tell you how many times ive wasted my whole sunday to be able to get it operational for Mondays work drive.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did anyone have to change the drive shaft with the 2.5 coil lift?
Old 03-30-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another question. I currently have the Teraflex leveling kit. Will the 2.5 coil lift make much of a difference? Has anyone made that change?
Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mr Jeepster
Did anyone have to change the drive shaft with the 2.5 coil lift?
Don't have to change the drive shaft with a 2.5

Originally Posted by Mr Jeepster
Another question. I currently have the Teraflex leveling kit. Will the 2.5 coil lift make much of a difference? Has anyone made that change?
What do you mean by make a difference? The level kit is spacers on OEM coils and the coil kit is new coils. Plus the coil will add more height obviously. My 2.5 netted a front lift of 3.1" and of rear 2.1"

Last edited by SpicedCrusher; 03-30-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
Don't have to change the drive shaft with a 2.5 What do you mean by make a difference? The level kit is spacers on OEM coils and the coil kit is new coils. Plus the coil will add more height obviously. My 2.5 netted a front lift of 3.1" and of rear 2.1"
Thea's what I needed to know. Thanks

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift Question- Control arm question