Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift question

Old 12-03-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 coil lift question

From 4wd Hardware you can order the 2.5 coil lift from Teraflex specific to 2-door or 4-door model. My question is whether the kit for the 4-door is compatible and complete and if it can be used on a 2-door to net a higher lift height? Also, it is strange that the kit for the 2-door costs more. Is this becuase it includes additional parts that the 4-door kit does not? Any insight as to the differences and if they are interchangeable and what the actual difference is with the kits and why there is a price difference? Thanks in advance.
Justin
Old 12-03-2010, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The difference is the spring rate/lift height Any kit will work on any model. The price difference is the components included.

This is from a post by TF in June:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I'm afraid that the 4" coils on a 2dr will almost be a 6". Just a set of 3" coils for a 4dr will get you almost 5" of lift. Keep in mind that TeraFlex now has seperate 2dr and 4dr coils.
Not specific to the 2.5" coils, but you get the idea...
Old 12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

that makes sense the only thing i do not understand is why the 2-door 2.5 coil kit is more expensive with no different components that i can see maybe someone else knows this difference which causes the increased price for the 2-door 2.5 coil kit with shock adapters over the 2.5 4-door kit with adapters.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

TF is a sponsor here, shoot them a PM and ask.

If there is in fact a price difference for the exact same kits (and not a misprint), I would guess that it is because they are new coils and that the price will come down when they recoup the r&d investment?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Two & four door kits are the same cost and the four door kit works great on the two door
Old 12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just remember lift is like money, more = more more problems. I installed the TF coil lift on my 4 door, and had to add and adjust nothing else. Read more into the forum to see what is awaiting for higher lifts.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 coil lift question