Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift Install question

Old 02-26-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift Install question

Guys,
I installed my Teraflex 2.5 coil lift yesterday with the shock extension. In my installation booklet at some point during installing the rear. The booklet says that after I install my rear coil spacers I need to make sure to replace the stock spring isolator. My kit was a coil kit and no rear spring spacers were included. I looked at the photograph at the front of the booklet and no spring spacers were photographed. After that one section in the instructions it never mentions spring spacers. I assumed this was perhaps an incorrect instruction...maybe they accidently included the page from the BB kit. Can someone with kit confirm that no spring spacers are included with Coil kit?
Thanks very much.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reduxx
Guys,
I installed my Teraflex 2.5 coil lift yesterday with the shock extension. In my installation booklet at some point during installing the rear. The booklet says that after I install my rear coil spacers I need to make sure to replace the stock spring isolator. My kit was a coil kit and no rear spring spacers were included. I looked at the photograph at the front of the booklet and no spring spacers were photographed. After that one section in the instructions it never mentions spring spacers. I assumed this was perhaps an incorrect instruction...maybe they accidently included the page from the BB kit. Can someone with kit confirm that no spring spacers are included with Coil kit?
Thanks very much.
Rear coil spacers are only included in the #1251000 kit (coils/TeraFlex shocks).
Old 02-26-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default What is it about the Teraflex shocks?

Does the spacer provide an Additional 1/2"? I was just wondering why you get a little more lift? Thanks very much for the quick reply
Old 02-26-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reduxx
Does the spacer provide an Additional 1/2"? I was just wondering why you get a little more lift? Thanks very much for the quick reply
It is because the Tera shocks provide enough droop for the springs to become unseated. The spacer will keep the spring in the center of the upper perch as it seats and unseats.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks very much

Boy you guys are fast..I appreciate all the info!
Tom
Old 02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

right...you don't need these spacers (coil retainers) with the factory shocks and extension kit option. Tera shocks give an additional 3" of travel which causes the coil to unseat on this size lift. Your stance will be better without the extra 1/2" spacer in the rear too.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift Install question