Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift - complete?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjp3
Did anyone change the gearing when running 35's? I am considering this lift as well.
I have an Auto with 35 MTR's, 4:11 gears and drive with OD off. Plan on later to go lower gears!!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Wheel spacers

Are wheel spacers required with this lift kit using stock wheel and tires on road driving only? I know the kit says you need spacers but has anyone tried it without spacers.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gross1297
Are wheel spacers required with this lift kit using stock wheel and tires on road driving only? I know the kit says you need spacers but has anyone tried it without spacers.
I ran it with stock Rubicon wheels and tires for about a month while my aftermarket wheels were on order. Even with the rear swaybay links flipped to the inside the swaybar bolts rubbed the wheel under compression. They actually knocked off a weight from inside my rim!

So you can run it temporarily, but don't flex it much.

For the op, it's a great kit. I am running mine as it came with 35's and a JKS front trackbar to center the axle. No regrets at all...

Last edited by Biginboca; 02-19-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

that's awesome... glad to hear. My 2.5" TF coil lift just arrived... along with my TF adjustable track bar. Been debating on the adjustable LCA's... may wait until I have more cash.

Now, just need to find the time to install everything.

Biginboca - great looking Rubi...
Old 02-19-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biginboca

I ran it with stock Rubicon wheels and tires do about a month while my aftermarket wheels were on order. Even with the rear swaybay links flipped to the inside the lol bolts rubbed the wheel under compression. So you can run it temporarily, but don't flex it much. For the op, it's a great kit. I am running mine as it came with 35's and a JKS front trackbar to center the axle. No regrets at all...
Sweet rig. Just ordered my 2.5 lift, tired and wheels. Hope she looks as good when I'm done.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah drive it as is before you start adding a bunch of stuff to it, I find it's alright as is... and here a shameless photo plug...
Old 02-19-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

This has been covered in another thread, but I would recommend the 1/2" spacers for the rear. Teraflex doesn't include them with the kit, and most people would probably never ever even notice, but after I did mine it seemed a little ass heavy. But it could have been strictly my perception too. It will be easier slapping them in when your putting the springs in then it will later on. Mine is a 2 door, I didn't see whether yours was a 2 or 4 door fwiw. Great kit though. You will love it, that was the only minor detail that bothered me.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

I put the unlimited springs on my two door just to prevent that happening. It was pretty springy though until I put on my aftermarket rear bumper and tire carrier on
Old 02-20-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TF 2.5" knocked my rear end to the left around 1". TF adjustable track bar fixed it!

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 coil lift - complete?