Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift

Old 05-04-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 coil lift

I am wanting to replace the Teraflex leveling kit on my 2012 JKU with the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. I do not do any heavy offroading. Can I get by with just the basic kit without shock adapters until I can get new shocks in about 6 months?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was kinda looking to do the same. I have the perfomance leveling kit(springs) and was wondering if I could put 1" spring spacers to make up the difference. Anyone know if that would work?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by swatstar10
I am wanting to replace the Teraflex leveling kit on my 2012 JKU with the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. I do not do any heavy offroading. Can I get by with just the basic kit without shock adapters until I can get new shocks in about 6 months?
Yes your down travel will be limited by the shorter shocks . I know quite a few guys running shorter shocks until they can save up for longer shocks, brakelines or extensions, longer shafts.
I'm not saying you need that but many people run shorter shocks on different stages of builds.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chadam
I was kinda looking to do the same. I have the perfomance leveling kit(springs) and was wondering if I could put 1" spring spacers to make up the difference. Anyone know if that would work?
Yes you can add spacers to your TF leveling kit.
Are you running aftermarket front bumper and winch?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could by why would you want to? The shock adapters are like $12 bucks total why not just put the extensions on for now
Old 05-04-2013, 07:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chadam
I forgot to add though if your going through all the trouble throwing spacers in the front and rear I'd recommend putting a bigger bumpstop in the front since you got it all apart and later in put in rear lower bumpstops in as well as a rear trackbar relocate.
Maybe different rear end links when you put in your rear shock extensions as well!!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Will this lift put rake back into the stance? Would it be a good idea to reinstall one of the 1" front spacers I already have from the leveling kit? Or possibly buy and install a 1/2 inch spacer?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Junkie

Will this lift put rake back into the stance? Would it be a good idea to reinstall one of the 1" front spacers I already have from the leveling kit? Or possibly buy and install a 1/2 inch spacer?
Depends on your front bumper and winch situation. Do you currently have a rake also?!?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

I'm running the 2.5" TF coil lift on my JKU with stock shocks. Im not having any problems, and I have been running this configuration for the past couple of months until I can upgrade my shocks.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012

I forgot to add though if your going through all the trouble throwing spacers in the front and rear I'd recommend putting a bigger bumpstop in the front since you got it all apart and later in put in rear lower bumpstops in as well as a rear trackbar relocate.
Maybe different rear end links when you put in your rear shock extensions as well!!
Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I have a front bumper and winch but removed the rear

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 coil lift