Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex 2.5 Budget Boost ????

Old 09-04-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex 2.5 Budget Boost ????

I called a local well know 4 wheel mod shop and was quoted $365 for kit plus install. This is just the spacer and track bar kit. While speaking to him he stated that I wouldn't need the shock adapters, which was odd. Anybody think this is a decent price for it or had any problems with this kit?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-888365758.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	574371  
Old 09-04-2014, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blackswat42
I called a local well know 4 wheel mod shop and was quoted $365 for kit plus install. This is just the spacer and track bar kit. While speaking to him he stated that I wouldn't need the shock adapters, which was odd. Anybody think this is a decent price for it or had any problems with this kit?
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-928379925.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	574373
Old 09-04-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

That's not a bad price for the BB + install. You don't 'need' the shock extensions, but since they are included in the kit, what would the reason be for not using them? (I would much rather have them than run with just the over-extended stock shocks)

You could always save the install labor and do it yourself. There are plenty of how-to's up in the writeups area, and lots of videos on youtube. And you could even toss a post in the StagingArea for your neck of the woods and see if anyone local would be willing to lend a hand. Likely that they would even have any tools you are missing.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get the shock extensions. And yeah, nothings more rewarding that doing a lift yourself.

If you insist on a shop doing it, tell them for that price you want the shock extensions installed. They come with the kit for a reason. You want it done right.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get the kit with shock adapters or new shocks. I never suggest to anyone to install these without addressing the shocks.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I would get the kit with shock adapters or new shocks. I never suggest to anyone to install these without addressing the shocks.
Well the place that said this it is supposedly a licensed dealer for you all. Four wheel concepts out of Bentonville, AR
Old 09-05-2014, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't trust a shop that won't install every part of a lift kit, even when the manufacturer says to.
If it comes with the kit, it needs installed. Over extended shocks can wear out prematurely and potentially get damaged.
My sincere advice, don't go to that shop.

That's like if you buy a TV wall mount kit, and the manufacturer says to use anchors to secure it to the wall, but you don't use anchors. Eventually, something bad is going to happen! (Bad analogy, but you get the idea).

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5 Budget Boost ????