Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" BB w/BDS track bar relocation bracket

Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" BB w/BDS track bar relocation bracket

Opinion on the track bar bracket that comes with the kit versus purchasing the BDS rear track bar relocation bracket. Anyone prefer one over the other for performance and wear? Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by snosurferjeep
Opinion on the track bar bracket that comes with the kit versus purchasing the BDS rear track bar relocation bracket. Anyone prefer one over the other for performance and wear? Thanks
Not sure how the one that comes with the kit works, but I've heard stories of brackets that mount to the axle breaking causing the stock bracket to break. the BDS bracket mounts to the frame and I ran it hard for over a year and nothing broke.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
Not sure how the one that comes with the kit works, but I've heard stories of brackets that mount to the axle breaking causing the stock bracket to break. the BDS bracket mounts to the frame and I ran it hard for over a year and nothing broke.
The bracket that now comes with the Teraflex BB is almost exactly like the BDS bracket. The only difference is the finish, TF is black. They could probably be interchanged without noticing a difference. Both mount on the frame side in the exact same place.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 PM
JK Freak

great info..i was wondering the same thing.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

if they are both on the frame side, I think you should be fine with either one.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe this is old news, but take a look at this link for more info.
http://www.jeepfan.com/projects/BDSJKTrackBarBracket.php

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 11-01-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink
Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2.5 budget boost

thanks for all the info. I have a Sahara, should I get the boost with or without shocks. I do light to moderate wheeling now and is it worth the extra for the teraflex shocks?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by snosurferjeep
thanks for all the info. I have a Sahara, should I get the boost with or without shocks. I do light to moderate wheeling now and is it worth the extra for the teraflex shocks?
I put on the BB with the shock extensions. It rides basically like stock, and I'm perfectly happy with the extensions vs. shelling out the $$ for the shocks. I think you'll be satisfied with the extensions, if not, you can always order shocks down the road.

I do have to say, though, I have a Rubicon, so my shocks are a little more heavy duty than those on the Sahara. So upgrading shocks might not be a bad thing in your case...
Old 05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed the BDS rear track bar relocation bracket after installing my Rough Country 2.5" BB with shocks. I quickly found out that the BDS bracket makes contact with the shock are near full compression. I had to buy they Teraflex rear shock mount relocation bracket that comes with the TF 3" kit. This fixed my problem.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glwood6
I put on the BB with the shock extensions. It rides basically like stock, and I'm perfectly happy with the extensions vs. shelling out the $$ for the shocks. I think you'll be satisfied with the extensions, if not, you can always order shocks down the road.

I do have to say, though, I have a Rubicon, so my shocks are a little more heavy duty than those on the Sahara. So upgrading shocks might not be a bad thing in your case...

thanks for the tip - i was about to shell out $95/ea for new adjustable shocks in anticpation of a change in ride quality (that way i can adjust it back to a more comfortable ride)

i'll just use the shock extensions.

ordering the lift today!

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" BB w/BDS track bar relocation bracket