Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 BB w/ adaptors owners!!! install comments?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 BB w/ adaptors owners!!! install comments?

First I would like to thank those of you who take the time to help me out! So I ordered the BB and will be installing it this sat... its not a very complicated job but i was wondering if anyone had any tips/tricks/comments to give me so that everything goes smoothly and trouble free!!! Anything will help!! Thanks again
Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

The write up on Project JK is way better than the instructions they give you. Be careful and take your time.
Link to write up
Old 09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

yup what ^^^ said. Take your time. Might require the use of a spring compressor; mine did. You can pick one up from autozone through their loan a tool program.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the coil lift with adapters - Tereflex's instructions are extremely good, and the additional forum write-ups make it even easier.

Search for the many other threads discussing tips and be sure to have all the tools before starting, esp a complete metric socket set and wrench set, axle stands, trolley jack, and extremely helpful is a wratcheting 16mm and 18mm wrench for numerous bolts, especially the shock absorber top mounts.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default forum write-up

follow the write-up step by step and have fun
Old 09-09-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default floor jacks

I did find it usefull having two floor jacks along with jack stands
Old 09-09-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same exact lift and it was a simple install. Follow the link JK Rocker put up. It is pretty much dead on. Here are a few points I remember from the install that are not covered.

In between steps 5 and 6 I would suggest using a floor jack to jack your front axle back up just a bit. Doing this will relieve some pressure off your upper strut bolt, making it easier to get off.

Step 6 is in a tight spot. After breaking the upper stud mount nut loose a ratcheting wrench will speed things up. Also note...... hit this area with some PB Blaster a day or so before removal. I see you live in IL so I'm sure your well aware of what snow and salt will do to your jeep. It took me 1 hour to get these off.

In step 36 it tells you to simply Plug your new TeraFlex 2.5″ Budget Boost rear coil spacers up onto the hole on your Jeep JK Wrangler’s rear upper spring perch. This did not happen for me...... try as I may they would not plug back in under human power. So instead I chose to copy off an earlier step to aid. Read back over steps 13, 14 and 15 and modify as necessary to "Press" the rear coil spacers back in. I used some 1 1/2" pvc pipe cut to aprox 8" tall placed on both sides and jacked up the rear axle to press them in.

Read step 39 before proceeding with step 38. The pics are of an older style rear bump stop. 39 will explain the proper placement for the newer bump stops.

I did not for some reason have to re-center my steering wheel, you may find you do not have to either.

Hope you enjoy!!!! Heres a pic of mine after the lift with 33"s

Last edited by m1ke07jk; 09-09-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks too all!!! I will let everyone know how it goes... I just ordered the superchips flashpak!!! Man Im pumped!!! will be ordering the new shoes on the 14th when I can order the new nitto trail grapplers... has anyone seen them or read up on them?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also is there a link or something to show members that are close to where you live?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmow01
Also is there a link or something to show members that are close to where you live?
This is the section you want in The Staging Area
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/great-lakes-48/

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 BB w/ adaptors owners!!! install comments?