Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 bb question

Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 bb question

I searched and searched and couldnt find an exact answer sooo...........

2011 JKU Rubicon and Im ordering a teraflex bb.

The only off roading I do is hunting in fields and random stuff like that not rock crawling or anything else.

They say it is adviseable to get new shocks or the kit w/ the adapters, is this a must or can I get by w/ just the bb shown here http://www.quadratec.com/products/16194_0003_07.htm?

Or do i need to get this http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_0005_07.htm

Also does this kit have everything I will need?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to buy longer shocks then get the first one you listed, otherwise, buy the second one that has the factory shock extenders in that package. That's the only difference in them.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the TF BB with shock absorber extensions. It has worked very well for me.
The shock absorber is what limits the axle at full extension. So if you add a 2.5 in spring spacer and bump stop but don't either move the stock shocks or install new longer shocks, the axle will lose 2.5 in of down travel.
You would probably never notice the difference on the street or two tracks. I'm sure somebody else can chime in.
I bought the extensions for the little bit extra money so my jeep wouldn't lose any suspension travel.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 bb question