Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 BB plus driveshaft question???

Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 BB plus driveshaft question???

Hey all! I've got a question regarding the Teraflex 2.5 BB. I know from reading that this being a spacer lift nets a true (or close enough) 2.5 inches in comparison to the coil lift which will net a little more. My question is for those who have done the BB, how many have actually had driveshaft problems. I know on the coil lift that some do and some don't. Just trying to get some info before I make a decision. Currently running stock suspension on an '08 2 door auto 3.73 gears. My plan is for a moderate lift and 33" tires. Don't really want to get into the driveshaft or any additional mods due to my skinny budget. Any advice appreciated.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

with just the 2.5" spacers and shock extensions, you will not have any problems with your drive shafts. if you get new longer shocks, you may get enough droop to cause your front shaft boot to catch on the tranny and tear it off. in the rear, you will not have any issues even if you have a 2-door.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
with just the 2.5" spacers and shock extensions, you will not have any problems with your drive shafts. if you get new longer shocks, you may get enough droop to cause your front shaft boot to catch on the tranny and tear it off. in the rear, you will not have any issues even if you have a 2-door.
X2. When I had my 2.5TF BB w/ TF shocks, first time I disconnected the sway bar I ripped the boot on the front driveshaft(I have an Auto). Rear DS was fine.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

X3 Went with the TF BB, shocks and the heftiest Rubicon springs on my 08 Rubicon. First time disconected I tore off the front DS boot. Now I have aftermarket shaft up front and the rear stock shaft is fine.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I have a 2.5 bb with shock extensions and I ripped 2 driveshaft boots. I went with coast driveshaft with yokes.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a manual, so my front shaft is fine.

But in back, the angle is more than I like. I will be getting rear upper adjustable controls arms soon to point the pinion up soon. As is, I don't see the boot lasting forever.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:48 PM
-

I got the 4 door Rubicon automatic with BB lift and shocks extension (Teraflex) and get to full extension disconected (wheel off the ground) and never had an issue.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info on the driveshafts. Its really something I don't want to mess with if I don't have to. I may just go with the Teraflex leveling kit. A little easier on my budget.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 BB plus driveshaft question???