Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" BB Lift voids waranty?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got a 50/50 shot on a modded vehicle. One dealer will another won't ,it's a toss up. And to stand there and argue with them is pointless at times. If you can find a mod freindly dealer, that's your best bet. Get on the phone and call around, ask them if they do warranty work on modded jeeps, if so they get your business and a person that will buy from them again, if they are already saying don't lift because it'll void it, say have a nice day F'[k head, I was gonna buy a Charger until you said that, you just lost my potential business, can I talk to your manager for the ph # for the other area dealers.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't dealers make money when they fix your Jeep under warranty. They just send the bill to DC, right? So, why do some dealers deny warranty work?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whiskeytango
Don't dealers make money when they fix your Jeep under warranty. They just send the bill to DC, right? So, why do some dealers deny warranty work?
Don't think they get paid nearly as much as non-warranty related stuff. I could be wrong, this is just what I've heard. Probably affects somebody's bonuses too.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJosh
If your concerned, keep all your stock stuff and if you have problems, put it back stock. It doesnt take much time at all.

Just my

x2. Mine is modded all to heck, but I threw the stock stuff in the attic. I figure if something big (such as a transmission) goes out, I could justify swapping all of the stock parts back before trailering it to the dealer. If it is something little, I'll just assume it was a crappy stock part and upgrade.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
x2. Mine is modded all to heck, but I threw the stock stuff in the attic. I figure if something big (such as a transmission) goes out, I could justify swapping all of the stock parts back before trailering it to the dealer. If it is something little, I'll just assume it was a crappy stock part and upgrade.
Not a bad idea. It would be kind of an asspain to de-mod, but I sure could see a dealer saying that the extra weight of your 35's was the cause of your tranny or motor failure With the lifetime warranty and the cost of a new engine or tranny, I certainly could justify the time and effort in putting the stock suspension back on if it meant my NOT footing the bill for the fix Hell, that money would be much better suited for more mods

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" BB Lift voids waranty?