Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 BB install help

Old 01-17-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teraflex 2.5 BB install help

Just in the middle of fitting the Teraflex 2.5" BB. everything is going ok apart from the light fading and having to stop, but I wanted to ask a question regarding the installation:

the top part of the rear pucks have a guide shaft if you could call it that, this guide shaft has to push into a hole so they align properly, in the instructions it mentions that they should push in and hold themselves in place whilst you re-fit the springs.

For the life of me I couldnt push hard enough to get this guide to push through the hole, but have managed to get the puck into the right place and the spring fitted.

Now my question is: once I get everything completed and ready to drive again, will the forces of driving force the rear pucks to seat themselves properly into place?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have that lift and noticed that there is a certain amount of settling that will happen the first month or so. You have it right.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put white lithium grease on it push it up and twist so it catches alittle. Get your spring in and jack that side of your axle. You'll hear a big"pop" , it's in. Also keep your hands away once you jack, get the spring with some tension/ weight on it, stop jacking, it'll usually pop in and kinda make you jump,

Last edited by mkjeep; 01-17-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ECHO
If your talking about step 6.. Once it's all together the spring will hold that bad boy in place!! Its just a guide, mine didnt stay either on my RC BB when I installed..
I think he's talking about the top of the puck where it seats in the mount, it has a sort of guide in it. The longer one is on the bottom, the top of the teraflex puck is a tight fit.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I always use a block of wood or something to put in between the puck and the axle then jack it into place, or just use the stock scissor jack inbetween the puck and the axle, just to make sure it's seated before I put the springs back on.

This also helps getting the front bump stop extensions on! those are a pain.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
I always use a block of wood or something to put in between the puck and the axle then jack it into place, or just use the stock scissor jack inbetween the puck and the axle, just to make sure it's seated before I put the springs back on.

This also helps getting the front bump stop extensions on! those are a pain.
Kinda hard to do it on the tera spacers in the rear like that because of the long spring guide they have without squishing the guide all up, some BB don't have that guide, or it's just a short one.Guess you could though.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Plus one on what ThinkMud said.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used a bottle jack and a piece of wood. It POPPED loudly into place. Didn't have lithium but did use some WD40 to provide a bit of lube. Could use vaseline too but I think it would have popped in 'dry' using the jack alone.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I was able to get them on top of the spring loosely and just pressed gently up to the spot where they have to seat.
When I lowered the jeep back down and put weight on the spring... pop! Right into place.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not to highjack this thread but I recently installed the teraflex leveling kit and can't seem to get the passenger rear seated correctly. I tried everything and no luck so I just left it alone. Will this hurt anything or will it fall into place? The drivers side rear went right in.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 BB install help