Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" BB - The death wobble has come...

Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it's crazy

Originally Posted by bly109
Thats great you finally figured it out! I know that wouldve drove me crazy too. Yet anoher reason why I do all my own wrenchin.
I don't care how long it's been since I wrenched. It's all me from now on and no one is touching my jeep. I basically had to disasemble everything to find the issues they made when I could of use the money for 1 track bar. Lesson learned.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's what made me decide to do it on my own. Ultimately, nobody cares about your Jeep more than yourself...plus, you'll learn a whole lot about your JK just from installing your own lift.
So happy I did the TF 2.5 BB install myself ! (not one problem with it!)

I'll be trying to adjust toe and caster myself soon too since I have confidence after doing my own lift! Thanks to WOL write-ups

Anyone on the not sure whether should do it their own lift should read this!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

no in Dracut, The guy I think your talking about is Elais or something like that? I heard they are very good and only found this out after the fact.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Christiana, Tennessee, United States, United States
Default Pics

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
I can't believe all of the crap I went through.

I rechecked all the front torquing and found the track bar over tightened and installed incorrectly (not on the ground)

road forced balanced the wheels 2 times and elminated all the shimmy when just driving.

tonight I found the last but stupidest thing this aka 4 wheel expert screwed up in the rear. I kept getting a weird light wobble not in the steering wheel but in the actual body so I knew it was the rear. the idiot nevr put the links on the inside with stock tires. well he started to but only the top bolt on the drivers side. what the fudge? I fixed it all and took pictures because who knows what damage was done to the bushings. was torquing at an angle and when I hit bump on the highway at 65 it must of been screeming in pain!!! well please advise if I can write a buyer beware on these guys as they obviously haven't done many and only blamed the vaugue directions even though they kept telling me they love Teraflex and love to install their stuff. I should of been concerned when it took them 5 1/2 hrs to install and only charged me 170 bucks. All I can say is I smashed some wood to get out the anger. split like a madman as I took it all apart after finding this and re-installed the backend in 2 hrs including a 20 minute test run over the bump that causes my wobble/shimmy/1 time death wobble.

Thanks for patience and letting me vent. I'm still buying the next step through Teraflex with their adjustable tracks front and rear right after my stage 1 tires and rims. like I said in the beginning of this thread, I was trying to figure out what my problem was.
Do you have any pics of this, i think this is the prob that i am having but not positive, thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davebloomer
sorry to hear this happening... i installed mine myself with no torque wrench over a month ago... have been wheeling, stuck, and down washboard roads all with no problem..
however i do randomly get underneath and tighten every bolt again as recommended in the kit. i did have the upper sway bar disconnect bolt come loose up front and was making a clanking noise but not an issue took two minutes to tighten... good luck with it.
hopefully it's something simple... not alot is affected by such a small lift so it shouldn't be to bad...

heres a thought... did a weight come off ur wheel? (lol reread your post and see u thought of that)
I had a similar experience and it was a lost wheel weight.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the death wobble on Easter Sunday, hit a couple of bumps on the highway, went right into the wobble. I had to pull over to stop it.
Started tread on it a couple of weeks ago. I suggested to the dealer(seems like I have to do that) it might be the steering stabilizer. They replaced it, and so far no wobble. I too have a TF2.5 waiting in the garage.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a kudos is in order for TF for stepping up on this forum, turns out its probably got nothing to do with their product, just the install ....which still sucks, and hopefully you didn't incur any further damage, but I'm just pleased to see a vendor here backing up their products on the front line

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" BB - The death wobble has come...