Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" BB or Daystar 3" w/shocks

Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" BB or Daystar 3" w/shocks

I've been lurking here for a bit and finding most of the info I needed, but I can seem to find anything on the new 3" Daystar lift with Scorpion shocks...maybe because it's new.

Anyway, I have been looking at a small lift for my 2dr Rubi and was originally looking at the TF 2.5" BB w/shock extensions. Well, I have since found a GREAT deal on the Daystar 3" kit with shocks and started to rethink my choice. Does anyone have any experience with the Daystar kit? I may have to be the guinea pig and give it a try, but would like a little input first. So, lay it on me.

Here is the kit I am talking about... daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1080

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 07-28-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Removed hyperlink - see FAQ's
Old 07-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at the TeraFlex 2.5" coil lifts? Or are you set on a BB kit? Here's a pic of the #1255200 2.5" BB kit with shocks, that way you can see what comes in the kit.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I looked at the coil kit and, honestly, that's the way I'd like to go, but I need to learn a little more about what all is affected when lifting the JK before I go that route. I'd like to put a 3-3.5" coil kit on it, but when it comes to things like pinion angles, bumpsteer, etc, etc...I get a little lost.

I'm just looking for a cheap way to get a little more clearance for now. Down the road, when I figure out exactly which way I want to go (and save up a little more green), I'd like to replace the spacer lift with a real suspension setup. The JK is my daily driver and I'm a little concerned with things like high maintenance and drivability that I read about when they are lifted.

I doubt it will ever get wheeled hard being that it's my DD and there just aren't many places around here to do it. I would expect that it would see some trail use from time to time, but nothing extreme and I will be running nothing larger than 35's.

Inputs/ideas/comments?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdubb75
I looked at the coil kit and, honestly, that's the way I'd like to go, but I need to learn a little more about what all is affected when lifting the JK before I go that route. I'd like to put a 3-3.5" coil kit on it, but when it comes to things like pinion angles, bumpsteer, etc, etc...I get a little lost.

I'm just looking for a cheap way to get a little more clearance for now. Down the road, when I figure out exactly which way I want to go (and save up a little more green), I'd like to replace the spacer lift with a real suspension setup. The JK is my daily driver and I'm a little concerned with things like high maintenance and drivability that I read about when they are lifted.

I doubt it will ever get wheeled hard being that it's my DD and there just aren't many places around here to do it. I would expect that it would see some trail use from time to time, but nothing extreme and I will be running nothing larger than 35's.

Inputs/ideas/comments?
You can run a 2.5" kit and run 35's. Add some front lower adjustable control arms so can actually do a alignment and adjust the caster for improved handling.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would run either the Teraflex or actually check out Rough Country's BB too. I ended up going with the Rough Country Series II simply because of the price. For $179, couldn't go wrong...came with shock relocation brackets instead of new shocks, which works for me because that leaves the option to go with whatever shock I may choose later down the road (Bilstein, Fox, etc.).

Here's a link:
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html

Either kit is good, but if price is an issue, the Rough Country is a bit cheaper for ya.

Last edited by JKRoobi; 07-28-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" BB or Daystar 3" w/shocks