Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TERAFLEX 1" Spring Spacers

Old 09-13-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TERAFLEX 1" Spring Spacers

I have front and rear 1" spring spacers. I have already installed a TERAFLEX 2.5" lift kit (springs and shocks) I'm just looking to get a little more height. Has anyone done this? Also, will i need to get break line extensions? Thanks any help would be great
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

I also have the 2.5" Teraflex coil kit installed. I actually have a set of 1" spacers on order to compensate for a little sag after adding a heavy bumper/tire carrier (went with 1" to give a little more lift anyway). As far as anyone I've spoken to, you can add a 1" spacer on top of the 2.5" coil spring kit. Might stiffen the ride a little naturally.

My 2.5" kit came with brake line extensions, did yours not? If so, the ones included with the kit should be plenty with the extra 1" Just be careful and keep an eye on your drive shaft angles from what I've been hearing. Depending whether 2 door or 4 door, you might be fine. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

No problem adding the spacers. However:

Both axles will be a little more offset to one side. Look into adjustable trackbars if you want to correct.
The steering will be flightier. Look in to some form of caster correction if it bothers you.
The brakelines will of course be tighter. Unhook the lines, extension brackets, or longer lines.
The steering components will be at steeper angles. Look into a flip if you need to.
The driveshafts will be running at steeper angles. Make a habit of crawling underneath and checking the joints.
The shocks will be extended, limiting your downtravel.
Whatever else I missed...
Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine didn't come with brake line extensions. Just the TeraFlex spacers.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Right, but you said that you already installed the Teraflex 2.5" springs and shocks? That kit should have come with brake line extensions.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh right. Yeah. Brain fart

Quick Reply: TERAFLEX 1" Spring Spacers