Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit, springs or shock relocators?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit, springs or shock relocators?

Hey everyone this is my first post... i bought my unlimited about a month ago and was planning on a lift. Its my daily driver so i wanted to keep it road friendly...i planned on 33" duratracs on stock 17", and a lift/ level.
Im new to all of this btw...i was set on buying the spacer/ shock relcation kit from TF because of the sweet price as well, but can someone explain the benefits of having the spring kit? I see its alot more money...will i be fine with just a spacer kit? I beach it alot but dont know how much hardcore off roading id do. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

The spring kit replaces the whole spring in your suspension. Spacers go on top of your springs but use the existing springs, thus not changing drivability much. If your not going to be flexing the suspension much I would go with Spacers then as your springs wear upgrade to a spring kit, at least that's my plan.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Gotcha...and relocating the shocks takes away any over-stress on them? Anybody have any complaints about the spacer kit?....
Old 11-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coils tend to take additional weight (aftermarket bumpers, etc) better than stock coils with spacers.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OhEightUnLTD
Gotcha...and relocating the shocks takes away any over-stress on them? Anybody have any complaints about the spacer kit?....
For the leveling kit you shouldn't need to do anything to the shocks. My plan, is upgrade springs and shocks simultaneously when the time comes in a few years. Get OME HD or TF springs and a 0-2" lift shock still to be determined.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit, springs or shock relocators?